Boomer Personalized Learning Academy
Woodward High School is continually making strides to provide the best possible educational experience for each and every student. As the developments in technology continue to advance, our goal is to create an environment that encourages independent, 21st century learners and to prepare students for the world beyond WHS.
The WHS personalized learning program will allow for students to customize their learning experience to fit their personal style and needs. The virtual and blended programs fall under the personalized learning umbrella. Students may choose a fully implemented virtual learning program, or may wish to choose a blended learning program that will combine two or more classes, as well as a traditional classroom setting. This option would allow students to enroll in two or more virtual classes and still attend traditional classes for certain electives such as fine arts, vocational education, and athletics, just to name a few.
- Virtual classes are a semester long commitment
- Virtual classes are not taught by WHS teachers
- Virtual classes are an online curriculum
- Virtual classes require the parent to commit as the student's learning coach
- Students who fail to login and complete assignments for more than ten (10) days will be automatically
dropped from the virtual program and will be required to attend traditional classes.
- Virtual classes require an application process
Blended Learning, encompasses all the above plus,
- Blended option is for students wishing to have the option of two or more virtual classes
- Blended consists of a combination of virtual and traditional classes
- Requires an application process
The virtual student is a fully enrolled student at WHS, entitled to all the advantages of the traditional student. Virtual students are eligible for all extracurricular activities. These extracurricular activities will have attendance policies established by the individual sponsors in accordance with WHS guidelines. They will also have access to food services, at WHS, i.e. breakfast and lunch.
Students enrolled in the virtual or blended programs are protected under the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protocols. Student data obtained through the program shall not be used for any purpose other than those that support the instruction of the individual student. Student data may be used to identify strengths and improvement opportunities relative to the delivery of virtual instruction.