2020-2021 Northeast Farm to School Institute Application
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THIS FORM:
Complete one application per team. INDIVIDUALS may not apply.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH, 2020.
FOR SCHOOL-BASED TEAMS: Teams must be comprised of 4-6 individuals representing various constituencies in the school and community (Administration, teachers, school nutrition/food service, parents, farmers, school board, etc).
FOR SCHOOL DISTRICT-WIDE TEAMS: Teams must be comprised of 5-7 individuals representing various constituencies in the school and community and must include on district-wide administrator (in addition to teachers, school nutrition/food service, parents, farmers, school board, etc). In your application, please identify 1 or 2 particular schools in your district in which you will focus efforts on implementing a Farm to School action plan that can serve as an example for other schools within the district. We have found this to be the most successful way to guide district teams through the planning process.
We recommend completing your responses to the application narrative questions below in a separate document. You can copy/paste your responses when you are ready to submit your application.
1. Describe the population that your school or district currently serves
2. Describe your current efforts integrating FTS in the Cafeteria/meal program.
3. Describe your current efforts integrating FTS in the Classroom.
3. Describe your current efforts integrating FTS in the Community (includes families, PTO, farmers, community organizations, etc).
4. What does your team hope to gain from participating in the NE Farm to School Institute? Please share two specific goals and an associated objective for each goal.
5. Please tell us why your team feels they should be selected for the 2020-2021 Northeast Farm to School Institute.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE SIGNATURE PAGE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. Please follow the URL below to print the signature page and have EACH member of the team sign. After completing the signature page, please submit a scanned copy to Jorge Yagual:
Signature page can be downloaded here:
Please direct questions to VTFEED Professional Learning Coordinator, Jorge Yagual at
School/District, or ECE Team Name
School Address - Number and Street
School Address - City, State, Zip Code
Current % of students eligible for free/reduced meals
Please describe the population that your school/district, or ECE center serves.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Shelburne Farms.