SCAA Fall 2020 Conference Proposal Submission Form
Thank you for your interest in presenting at SCAA's 2020 Annual Meeting. This year's conference has been moved online due to ongoing concerns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. There is no overarching theme for the 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting. The SCAA Board of Directors, serving as this year’s Program Committee, welcomes proposals for presentations or sessions combining two or three presentations that will translate well to a virtual format.
Presentations or sessions can focus on a wide range of topics of interest to archivists at all levels and in all institutions, including (but not limited to):
• Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in archival education and training
• Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in collections
• Case studies highlighting collections or resources within collections
• Challenges in funding, physical resources, and staffing
• Collection development during COVID-19
• Creating finding aids and similar resources for patrons
• Innovative strategies for outreach and community partnerships
• Making our collections accessible to a wider range of patrons and constituencies
• Methodology(ies) for creating and sustaining records management policies that work
• Opportunities and obstacles in digitizing traditional resources
• Opportunities and obstacles in managing born-digital resources
• Raising awareness of and promoting collections through events, exhibits, and publications
Presentations may also take several formats, including:
• Individual presentation (45 minute session)
• Lightning rounds (45 or 60 minute session; shorter, individual presentations grouped together)
• Group presentation (45 minute session; one presentation with multiple speakers)
• Discussion (45 or 60 minute session; one or more panelists lead a discussion)
• Poster presentation
The Board of Directors will review proposals and select those best suited to a virtual meeting that will be of interest and value to our wide range of members.
NOTE: Please limit your proposal to 250 words maximum.
The number and format of sessions will be determined in part by the proposals but also by the platform(s) and technological requirements available to the SCAA for hosting a virtual meeting.
The Board invites SCAA members and others interested in archives who wish to submit proposals to do so by August 15, 2020.
Which type of presentation are you proposing?
Individual Presentation (45 minute session)
Lightning Rounds (45 or 60 minute session; shorter, individual presentations grouped together)
Group Presentation (45 minute session; one presentation with multiple speakers)
Discussion (45 or 60 minute session; one or more panelists lead discussion)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service