แบบทดสอบติวเตอร์ ภาษาอังกฤษ มัธยมปลาย
กรุณากรอก E-mail หรือ เบอร์โทร ที่สมัครติวเตอร์
1. The old gentleman is bringing up the orphan _______.
as if she is like his own daughter
if the was the daugther of his own
as if she were his own daughter
like the daughter of his own
2. Shorthand is a method of recording words rapid by using symbols or letters to represent sounds. Which word is used incorrectly?
3. Automation, despite its benefits, can _____ the performance and talents of those who _____ it.
weaken, rely on
improve, invest in
certify, deviate from
strengthen, believe in
4. A father is teaching his son that he must work hard and make sacrifices to be successful. He sums up his lecture by saying "_______".
Time and tide waits for no man
Curiosity killed the cat
No pain, no gain
Take time to smell the flowers.
5. His boss has given him a "tough" assignment that has to be completed within a short time span. The word "tough" has the same meaning in which of the choices?
The lobster was tasty but too "tough" to chew
After a serious quarrel with her husband, Jane had to make a "tough" decision about their relationship
The Ministry of education has introduced "tough" new measures to guard against cheating in national examinations
Prison officers separated "tough" criminals from other criminals
6. Jackson always goes skateboarding _______ Sundays.
7. SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA: An office worker cleaning a refrigerator full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-worker to the hospital and made many others ill. Firefighter had to evacuate the building in Central San Jose after the fumes led someone to call emergency services. What crews found was an unplugged refrigerator crammed with moody food. Authorities say an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, planning the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess. The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea. -- According to the news report, firefighters were called to _______.
extinguish a fire in the building
take people in the office to hospital
help deal with odor in the building
clean the rotten food in an office
8. Tom wants to _________ his business.
9. The differences in feeding preferences lead, in turn, to differences in migratory habits. (1) The wildebeests follow, in their migration, the pattern of local rainfall. (2) The other species do likewise. (3) But when a new area is fueled by rain, the mammals migrate toward it in a set order to exploit it. (4) The larger, less fastidious feeders, the zebras, move in first; the choosier, smaller wildebeests come later; and the smallest species of all, Thomson's gazelle, arrives last. -- Where should this sentence best fit: "The sequence in which they migrate correlates with their body size."
10. One explanation for green icebergs attributes their cool to an optical illusion when blue ice is illuminated by a near-horizon red Sun, but green icebergs stand out among white and blue icebergs under a great variety of light conditions.-- which of the sentences below best expresses the essential information in the highlighted sentence in the passage?
One explanation notes that the green icebergs stand out among other icebergs under a great variety of light conditions, but is attributed to an optical illusion.
One explanation for the color of green icebergs attributes their color to an optical illusion that occurs when the light from a near-horizon red Sun shines on a blue iceberg.
One explanation for green icebergs attributes their color to a great variety of light conditions, but green icebergs stand out best among other icebergs when illuminated by a near-horizon red Sun.
One explanation attributes the color of green icebergs to an optical illusion under special light conditions, but green icebergs appear distinct from other icebergs under a great variety of light conditions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service