From now until May 15, you will be able to vote in up to 13 categories (you must fill out at least eight for the ballot to count). Once the poll closes, we will tabulate the votes and announce the nominees in each category. The winners will be announced this Spring at our annual awards show, taking place at the Sanctuary Theatre on Saturday, May 27.
A couple of things to keep in mind when filling out your ballot:
1) Your votes should reflect what happened locally in 2016. Bottom line – if your favorite artist didn’t do too much in 2016 please consider voting for someone else.
2) You must vote in eight categories for your vote to count. Your vote will not count if:
– You vote in one category and fill the rest of the categories with nonsense.
– You vote for the same band or artist in every category. For example, if we see a band name in the best record store, best fan, or best radio station category, you didn’t properly fill out the ballot. If you don’t have an answer, do a little research. You might discover some new music. And it never hurts to share the love a little.
– You vote in less than eight categories.
– You do not click on the confirmation link that will be emailed to you when you click the submit button
3) NO BALLOT STUFFING – one vote per person, not email address!
4) Remember, this poll and event is about having a little fun and celebrating our wonderful music community.
Please spread the word and share the love!