Lower East Side Community Culture Council Application
Do you want an opportunity to build and practice cultural organizing skills?
Do you want to be a core part of an in-progress, community-engaged project in and about the Lower East Side?
Do you want to work with other Lower East Side / East Village residents towards greater equity and access to arts and culture?
University Settlement, FABnyc, and the existing members of the Lower East Side Community Culture Council are seeking new members! The LESCCC is an intergenerational team of community residents, University Settlement staff, and FABnyc staff. The council is currently organizing a socially-engaged art project that offers a platform for the broader public to share their enraged rants, heartfelt romances, and all the feelings in between about the Lower East Side, and are seeking other dedicated emerging LES cultural organizers to help shape and execute the project.
APPLY NOW TO BE A PAID MEMBER OF THE LES COMMUNITY CULTURE COUNCIL!
Priority given to residents and staff of Campos Plaza, Meltzer Houses, Hernandez Houses, Baruch Houses, 10 Stanton, Cooper Square MHA, Smith, Fabria, First, Rutgers, Jacob Riis, Wald, LES Infill, LaGuardia, Gompers, Stanton Street, Two Bridges, and Vladeck Houses, but open to the wider LES/East Village community.
The LESCCC is modeled on the Brooklyn Intergenerational Community Arts Council, a community arts program developed by University Settlement in partnership with BRIC
The Community Culture Council is a joint program of University Settlement’s Performance Project Arts Program and FABnyc. Support for this program is generously provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs
By joining the Community Culture Council you will receive...
• The opportunity to inﬂuence the arts & culture in your community
• Training in Arts Project Management, Curation, Marketing, Collaborative Partnering, Storytelling and Media Skills.
• The chance to see professional music, theater, visual art and dance
• A stipend for participating in monthly workshops, art ﬁeld trips, and meetings to plan our community arts & culture events (approx. $50 per meeting).
What you need to apply
• Commitment to community
• Passion for the arts & culture
• Attendance at one Wednesday night meeting per month, from 6–8pm (snack will be provided), plus willingness to participate in other arts & culture opportunities.
• Willingness to serve as an ambassador for arts & culture in your community
• You must be 18 years of age or older
• APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 27, 2019.
• You can apply using this online form OR submit a print application to the front desk of University Settlement 184 Eldridge St, New York, NY 10002.
• If you have any questions please contact:
• We recommend writing your responses in a separate document and then copying them into this form when you are ready to submit. This form does not have a save feature. Do not risk losing your writing!
• The Community Culture Council is a joint program of University Settlement’s Performance Project Arts Program and FABnyc.
• Support for this program is generously provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs
• To learn more about FABnyc visit:
• To learn more about University Settlement visit:
I have read the guidelines, understand the scope of this commitment and agree to the terms and conditions of applying
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Fourth Arts Block.