Healing and Transformative Justice encompasses both healing from harm and the transformation of harm to wholeness. Its focus is achieving fundamental balance and fairness in response to harm. The principles of Healing and Transformative Justice are: responsibility, mutuality and love. Healing and Transformative Justice calls us to reject violence, domination and exploitation. In practice, Healing and Transformative Justice means:
* Being able to care for yourself, your family and all your relations.
* Taking responsibility.
* Repairing “Harm” at all levels—personal, community, governmental, and international.
* Having the power, right and mechanisms of self-determination.
* Being able to lead your life “in a good way.”
* Having the power and mechanisms to hold community and governmental)
You can find examples of AFSC healing justice programs in other parts of the country here: http://afsc.org/goal/healing-justice.