KAS Speakers Bureau
Thank you for your interest in participating as a volunteer in the Kentucky Science Speakers' Bureau. We look forward to helping you share your expertise with others around Kentucky! Please tell us about your areas of expertise and what kinds of speaking engagements you are willing to consider. The broader your responses are, the more likely we are to find opportunities for you! This information will ultimately be available to visitors to the KAS website who are looking for science experts. Please share information that you are comfortable having publicly available, including your preferred contact information.
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Organization / Affiliation
5. Phone Numbers
6. The best way to contact me is...
8. Which county do you live in?
9. Zip Code
10. I understand that I may not be compensated for speaking engagements arranged through the KAS Speakers Bureau, but that if compensation is offered in the form of an honorarium or expenses reimbursement , it is to be negotiated between the speaker and the requester. I understand that I am responsible for negotiating the terms of that compensation in accordance with the policies of my own employer or institution and that KAS is not a mediator in the discussions about compensation.
11. Which Best Describes you?
Scientist in an academic institution
Scientist in the private sector
Scientist in a government agency
Graduate student scientist
Some other kind of professional
12. Are you a member of the Kentucky Academy of Science? If not, please join at:
13. Which general topic area best describes your expertise?
Anthropology / Sociology
Cell & Molecular Biology
Chemistry: Analytical & Physical
Chemistry: Organic & Inorganic
Computer & Informational Science
Ecology & Environmental Science
Physics & Astronomy
14. How would you describe your scientific expertise or research interest?
15. List any specific topics about which you prefer to present
16. List any specific talks you prefer to give
17. Next Generation Science Standards emphasize the scientific process and practice. Are you available to present hands-on science programs? If you have experience with this please provide an example:
18. Please list your degrees and corresponding institutions:
19. How long would you consider traveling for a speaking engagement?
Within my own city or institution
20. For which of the following types of audiences would you consider speaking or presenting? Would you consider presenting for
Service / Civic groups?
Teachers (for example, for Professional Development)?
Students grades 9-12?
Public / government audiences?
College or university audiences?
Media- Radio, TV, print, digital, etc...
21. Would you participate in ongoing mentoring of a science teacher?
22. What size of group are you comfortable speaking or presenting for? (check all that apply)
Small - Under 50 people
Medium - 50-100 people
Large - 100+
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service