The Maydays Studio Booking Request Form
Bookings are confirmed once a signed booking form has been received, upon confirmation of available space an invoice will be raised which is due on receipt to confirm your booking with us.
The Maydays studio is hired by the hour, £15p/hr before 6pm and £20p/hr after 6pm. Please note your set up and close down must exist within your booked time frame to allow for a smooth cross over of our hires.
Contact telephone number
Single date: Requested date of hire
Single date: Requested times of hire
Multiple dates: Requested dates & times of hire
The Maydays Studio Terms & Conditions - please click for full T&Cs
Hirers are asked to respect our premises and understand that they are used by a range of different groups.
1. DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATIONS - In these conditions the following expressions shall have the following meaning:
1.1 TMS refers to The Maydays Studio.
1.2 Studio Manager means the Authorised representative for TMS.
1.3 Hirer means the person who has signed the Booking Form.
1.4 Hired Space means the studio.
2. BOOKING FORMS - All applications for the hire of a space at TMS must be made in writing on the prescribed booking form. It shall be the responsibility of the person named on the booking form to ensure that the conditions hereunder are adhered to be all persons making use of the premises under the terms of hire. Any notice, demand or request by TMS to the Hirer shall be sent by email, addressed to the Hirer and shall be deemed to have been received.
3. GENERAL - TMS Manager reserves the right to refuse any application to hire space without stating reasons for doing so.
3.1 NOISE – TMS may cancel any sessions that cause complaints from our neighbors due to excessive noise. TMS falls within the legal guidelines for noise bleed from classes. However, we ask all teachers to not allow the music to go to an excessive level, especially if there is a heavy bass on the track and to be aware of the level of noise of your classes exiting the building. We ask for you to be especially vigilant on the noise level from your classes between the hours of 6am-9am and 9pm-11pm.
4. PRICES – inclusive of VAT charged at 20%
Studio: Hourly: Daytime (until 18:00) £15, Evenings (after 18:00) £20,
These fees are subject to revision from time to time as TMS sees fit.
Further charges may be levied if additional costs are incurred by the hiring of the space. Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of payment. Booking fees are due no later than 14 days from receiving the invoice, if your booking is 14 days or less away then payment is due immediately. Please note; bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. For all bookings we require a signed copy of the Booking Form & Terms and Conditions of Hire for the dates in that term.
5. CANCELLATION PERIODS – We understand that you may need to cancel a class from time to time, we request that more than 14 days’ notice to be given, allowing us to try and refill the slot and ensuring you do not have to pay a cancellation fee. If less than 14 days’ notice is given, you will be charged a 50% late cancellation fee. Cancellation within 7 days’ or less will incur 100% late cancellation fee. We will look to re-arrange your booking once, dependant on availability. The Studio Manager may suspend or cancel any hiring of premises without stating the reason for so doing. If a hiring is cancelled any hire fee previously paid for the cancelled hiring shall be reimbursed to the Hirer. Such reimbursement shall be the only liability that the Studio shall incur as a result of any cancellation or suspension. Should TMS for any reason beyond its control be unable to fulfil its commitments, it will not be liable for damages or compensation, i.e. Travel costs etc.
6. ROOM RESTRICTIONS - Access to and use of the hired space shall be strictly restricted to the hired space and to the hours stated in the Hire Agreement, (i.e. the Hirer should not have access prior to or after the stated time) and the Hirer shall be liable to pay such additional fees as the Studio Manager may prescribe if the hired space is used by the Hirer outside the agreed times.
7. BLOCK BOOKINGS - Maximum 8 week block bookings only. Bookings will be reviewed before the end of each term. There shall be no variation to these conditions of hire without the prior agreement of the Studio Manager. There shall be no variation in the conditions of a regular Hire Agreement without the approval of the Studio manager. Failure to comply may incur additional charges.
8. COPYRIGHT - No copyright work shall be performed without the licence of the owner of the copyright and the payment of any appropriate fee. The Hirer shall indemnify TMS against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hiring.
9. LICENCES - The Hirer shall not use the hired space for any purpose for which a licence is necessary (e.g. sale of alcohol) unless such a licence is in force in respect of the premises. The Hirer shall strictly observe the conditions of any licence granted in respect of the hired space and the Hirer shall be deemed to have notice of any condition attached thereto. The hirer shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the City and County Licence Agreement, Licensing Justices & the Fire Authority.
10. PERSONAL SALES - The hired space shall not be used for the sale or display of goods and services, or for any public entertainment, without the prior written approval of TMS.
11. FOOD & DRINK - Only water (in a sealable bottle or container) is permitted in the studio. If food & drink is required as part of the hire then written permission must be sought from TMS.
12. SMOKING - A no smoking policy is in force within TMS studios, meeting with current British legislation. This includes the stairwell and entrance way.
13. VIDEO/FILM/PHOTOGRAPHY - Hirers may not make television, film or radio recordings or take photographs on the premises without prior written approval from TMS. Film & TV Production rates are available on request. Hirers shall not show films, videos or perform plays without the prior written approval of TMS. If photographs/film/video is agreed to by TMS, we reserve the right to use any images taken in the studio for marketing purposes.
14. INSURANCE - The Hirer must ensure they have public liability insurance, including any teachers they send to TMS studios. You must produce proof upon request. The Hirer may be asked to submit a Risk Assessment at the discretion of TMS.
15. HEALTH & SAFETY - The Hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of all persons using the hired space. The Hirer must therefore ensure, prior to the hiring that the hired space and all access and egress thereto is suitable for the proposed use by the Hirer and are safe for persons using the premises. The Hirer must, prior to the hiring, be fully aware of the fire precautions procedure in existence for the hired space, including identifying the fire doors and emergency means of escape from the premises. It is the hirer's responsibility to record members present at the Hirers booking. This process will enable accountability for all members of the hired booking in the event of an emergency evacuation.
16. CHILDREN - TMS accepts no responsibility for children on its premises, any children permitted to enter the building in connection with a room hire must be accompanied by a responsible chaperone.
17. STUDIO EQUIPMENT - The hire of premises can include the use of TMS equipment within the premises including music system/s. No such equipment shall be hired out without the written approval of the Studio manager who may specify conditions and charge such fees in respect of such use as she/he sees fit.
18. PERSONAL EQUIPMENT - No bolts, nails, tacks pins or other like objects shall be driven into any part of the hired premises nor shall any placards or other articles be affixed thereto. Any exhibits used must be free standing and not attached to any part of the building or furnishings by any means unless permission is given by the Studio manager. The Hirer shall ensure that all scenery draperies used in TMS are treated with fire-resisting solution that will not constitute a fire risk to the premises.
19. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT - Hirers are responsible for ensuring that all electrical equipment brought to the premises meets the current statutory safety standards.
20. HIRED EQUIPMENT - Equipment, if available, may be hired from TMS please enquire for fees. The arrangements of chairs, tables and the setting up of equipment will be discussed with the Hirer and every effort will be made to recognise the Hirers requirements. Unless a particular room setting is specified, the room will be prepared in the usual way for a similar function. It may not be possible to reset the room or make major changes at short notice.
21. DAMAGES - The Hirer shall be liable for all damage howsoever and by whomever caused to the premises arising out of the hiring and shall indemnify TMS against all loss, damage and expense, whether direct or indirect, arising there from unless due solely and directly to the negligence of TMS. Any damage caused shall be reported to TMS as soon as possible.
(a) The Hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify TMS against any expenses, liability, loss claim or proceedings whatsoever arising under statute or of common law in respects of personal injury to or death of any person whomsoever or damage to any property real or personal arising directly or indirectly from the hire of the space at TMS.
(b) The Hirer is required to be insured against its legal liabilities to third parties, for both personal injury and property damage, including damage to the occupied space. Such insurance should be effected with a reputable Insurance Company and have a limit of indemnity of at least £l,000,000 for any accident. When so required the Hirer must furnish evidence that such insurance is in force and produce the Insurance Policy. The Hirer, during the period of the hire, shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no noise nuisance is created, respecting other users of TMS Studios and surrounding business’ and private residences.
22. PERSONAL LOSS / DAMAGES - TMS will not under any circumstance accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at the premises either by the Hirer for his/her purpose or by any other persons or left or deposited with any Officer or employee of TMS.
24. ENTRY TO BUILDING - If the Hirer is provided with an entry code, key or other piece of information as part of our internal security procedures you must treat such information and property as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
25. CLEANLINESS - The Hirer shall at the expiration of the hire, leave the premises in a clean and orderly state. The disposal of refuse bags containing function waste is the responsibility of the Hirer. If the Hirer fails to leave the area clean and tidy after use, the cost of additional cleaning will be charged to the Hirer.
27. SUBLETTING - The hirer shall not sub-let or assign the hired space or any part thereof. Should she/he do or attempt to so do the Hire Agreement shall be cancelled and all fees paid forfeited. This agreement may be determined at any time by either party giving to the other notice which is in all circumstances of reasonable length of time. There is no need for either party to give reasons for terminating the agreement and in the event of terminating the agreement all fees paid shall be forfeited.
28. FOOTWEAR – The hirer agrees to only use the Studio in suitable footwear (ie. Indoor court trainers/bally shoes/barefoot) No outdoor footwear or dance shoes that may damage the floor (ie. Tap shoes) may be worn without prior consent.
29. ANIMALS – At absolutely no time may any animals be allowed in the studio. If the Hirer, or a student of the Hirer brings an animal to class, they must not be allowed to enter any part of the studio, or be tied up outside the studio. If TMS becomes aware of the possible breach of this Term and Condition, with or without physical proof, TMS reserves the right to cancel any future use by said Hirer and any fees that were paid in advance for that calendar month will be forfeited.
As the hirer, or on behalf of the company hiring the Maydays Studio, I confirm that the above details are correct and that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of hire above. I accept responsibility for all persons in my booking and can confirm that I have valid, adequate insurance in place for the classes I intend to run at The Maydays Studio.
Electronic Signature - please print your name to confirm the declaration above
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service