Fremd Bands - Florida 2020 "Thanksgiving Parade of Bands" Trip Survey
*Thank you for your interest in the Fremd Bands proposed Disney World "Thanksgiving Parade of Bands" Trip - November 24-28, 2020 . This proposed trip is open to all students that will be enrolled in Concert Band (current eighth grade band students), Symphonic Winds, Wind Ensemble, and Wind Symphony for both the first and second semesters of the 2020-2021 school year. This trip is also open to all students performing in the Fremd Guard for the Fall 2020 VMB season *PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY BY SUNDAY DECEMBER 1ST AT THE LATEST.
- Participation in this survey does not commit you to participating or any financial requirements for this proposed trip. This is simply our initial survey to determine student and chaperone interest. Participation in the trip is completely voluntary and not part of Fremd Band academic courses or curriculum. Students have the option to fund raise for this trip by participating in Fremd Music Association student fundraisers until late September or early October 2020.
- In addition to the proposed trip dates, participating students will be required to attend 4-5 evening rehearsals (October and November 2020) to prepare for the trip's performances. The trip will include two parade performances and a Disney "You're Instrumental" recording studio workshop.
- We plan to present this proposed trip to the Fremd HS and District 211 Administration for approval this December prior to Winter Break. Please see the proposed itinerary for all specifics and trip inclusions.
- Survey results will give us the data needed to move forward with presenting this trip. The proposed trip destination, cost, and travel plans must be approved by both the Fremd HS and D211 Administrations prior to any further trip planning. Our hope is that the total trip cost will be between $1,860.00 to $1,920.00 - depending on total participants. We are hoping for 110-130 total participants, the more the participants the lower the cost. We are currently quoted a price of $1,886.00 per person if we have at least 110 participants. More than likely we will also need 10-20 parent chaperones to join us on the trip. Parent chaperones will be required to pay a higher amount (approximately $100-120) due to double room occupancy for all chaperones. Final information regarding the total cost (students and chaperones) as well as payment dates will be announced pending trip approval. We hope to have our first trip meeting in January 2020.
- All students and chaperones are required to fly with the Band both to and from Florida per the trip itinerary. Students or chaperones are not allowed to make other arrangements to travel with family members at the start or end of the trip. This decision has been made by both Fremd HS and District 211.
*Prior Fremd Band Trips approved by District 211 over the past twenty years include: Disney World/Outback Bowl (four times), San Antonio/Alamo Bowl, Disney World/Gator Bowl, Disneyland/Holiday Bowl (twice), New York City, Hawaii, St. Louis, Ohio, and Chicago.
Florida Trip 2020 Survey - "Thanksgiving Parade of Bands"
Student first name
Student last name
Select your primary Band or Guard student:
Guard Student - not in Band
Current Eight Grade Band student
Period 2 - Wind Ensemble
Period 3 - Wind Symphony
Period 5 - Concert Band Percussion
Period 6 - Concert Band Woodwinds/ Brass
Period 7 - Symphonic Winds
Select your marching instrument (percussionists will be placed on drumline instruments pending experience/ability)
Guard - Flags
Drumline - Snare Drum
Drumline - Tenors
Drumline - Bass Drum
Drumline - Cymbals
Select your class
Current Eighth Grade Band student
Student preferred e-mail address
Parent preferred e-mail address
Second parent email address (list "none" if only one parent email address)
Please indicate if you are planning on your student participating in this proposed trip.
Yes I am planning to have my son/daughter participate in this trip. I further understand that the trip will cost approximately $1,860-$1,920 at this time for my child.
We are currently undecided and need more time/information to make our final decision.
Please indicate if you are a parent that would like to participate as a chaperone for this proposed trip.
I am planning to participate in this trip as a parent chaperone. I further understand that my cost to be a chaperone will be higher ($100-$120 approximately) than the student cost due to double room occupancy.
Both parents are interested in participating in the trip as chaperones. We further understand that the total cost for both parents will be higher than the student cost due to double room occupancy.
If you are a parent planning to participate in the trip as a chaperone, please list your name and phone number:
Trip Fundraising Options
We are hoping to have 3-4 FMA fundraisers to assist with the trip costs. Students must be currently enrolled in a Fremd Band to participate in fundraisers. Current eighth graders can only participate in the fundraisers offered starting in August 2020.
Please select one of the following:
Yes we are planning on our son/daughter participating in some or all of the FMA fundraisers to assist with the proposed trip costs.
No we are not interested in our son/daughter participating in the FMA fundraisers to assist with the proposed trip costs.
Thank you very much for your input and participation in this survey! Results from this survey will be emailed to interested trip families in early December.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Township High School District 211.