+++++++++++ IMPORTANT: Downing May Ball can only hire people who are eligible to work in the UK ++++++++++++(https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/Documents/Recruitment-and-retention/Values-and-behaviours-based-recruitment/Eligibility-to-work-in-the-UK-checklist.pdf)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20th of February
DAY WORKER ROLES
Please be aware that we will try to give everyone their preferred worker role. It will however still occur that you get a role not stated in your top choices.
1) Set-Up & Clear-Up (both): £73You will be assisting the Committee in setting and clearing up the Ball on the 18th of June (provisionally 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM), and the morning of the 19th (provisionally 7:00AM to 11:00AM). Previous experience is not required – we are simply looking for punctual and motivated individuals to ensure that the set-up and clear-up is executed as efficiently as possible. Oh, and refreshments will be provided on the 19th.
2) Set-Up/ Clear-Up (just one): £36.80Just one of the shifts above, either Tuesday, 18th (afternoon) or Wednesday, 19th (morning)
NIGHT WORKER ROLESYou will be assigned to a Team Supervisor and carry out your duties efficiently, whilst maintaining a friendly but professional demeanor to our guests. Previous experience is not required. To show our appreciation for your services, we offer the following compensation packages:**
• Whole Night shift (6:00 PM to 6:00 AM): £101 including two 30-minute breaks• 2nd half shift (11:30 PM to 5:30 AM): £50.50 including one 30-minute break
3) General WorkerYou will be assigned to various roles that may include glass washing duties, clearing up litter, stewarding, crowd management, queue entertainment, cloakroom duties or dealing with unforeseen circumstances. If you enjoy working on a variety of different tasks, then this job will suit you.
4) Food WorkerYou will work alongside professional caterers to help keep our guests fed, as well as our Food Officers to ensure that your assigned food stalls are well stocked. If you enjoy interacting with guests and have a passion for food, then this job will be suitable for you.
5) Drinks WorkerYour work will involve serving our drinks and keeping our guests hydrated (and merry). You will also be working with the Drinks Officers to ensure that your stall is well stocked. If you enjoy working with guests and you’ve always wanted to learn to mix cocktails like a pro, then you will love this job!
6) Ents WorkerYou will work with the Ents Officers, Logistics Officer and technicians to help ensure that our attractions and performances/acts run smoothly. Your job may include supervising an attraction, helping with changeovers between different acts, and assisting our performers with their needs (e.g. showing them to the right stage). Having some technical background will help but is by no means required. If you’re lucky, you may bump into some of our headliners!
*The shifts provided include the time spent that workers are required to be ON SITE. In other words, the minutes leading up to when your 'work' actually starts, will be paid for.
Supervisors:Only for those with previous experiences in working at May Balls et al. 12 hour shift including two 30-minute breaks. Payment: £112. Please make sure you thoroughly answer the last, i.e. "Your Previous Experience" section. ++++ We will interview supervisors by the end of term, potentially the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of March++++
Downing May Ball takes place on the 18th June, 2019.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org