WCJH Student Request for Counselor
Please complete the form below to request communication with a school counselor at WoodCreek Junior High School. Please allow us 1-2 business days to respond to your request. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
What is confidentiality?
Confidentiality is keeping information discussed between the student and the school counselor (or the parent and the school counselor) private.
Confidentiality is vital to the student-counselor relationship. Obviously, we cannot completely ensure confidentiality in an online setting, but we have to attempt to maintain it even when we meet virtually rather than face-to-face.
What are some things parents can do to preserve confidentiality online?
- Allow the student to move the computer to a private space for the duration of the meeting.
- Provide student with headphones with a microphone.
- Turn on white noise to keep others from being able to overhear.
Are there times when the school counselor will break confidentiality?
Yes, there are certain instances when the school counselor is required to report confidential information, such as:
- When a student reports someone is hurting them
- When a student reports they are hurting someone else
- When a student reports they are hurting themselves
- With the student’s permission (often something that is uncomfortable for the student but useful for a parent or teacher to know)
What is informed consent?
Informed consent is the permission given to the school counselor to talk to a student with the understanding of the benefits and risks.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Student Last Name
Student First Name
Reason for visit:
Concerned about a friend
Problem at home
Problem at school
Parent's email address
Parent's phone number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of katyisd.org.