Critical Race Theory Course - Year Long
INNOVATING FOR EQUITY: The course is designed for participants to explore the 5 tenets of Critical Race Theory as a framework to examine race and racism in education. Participants will explore CRT through application in their roles as educators, parents, administrators, board members, and other organizational leaders. All participants will develop a Theory of Action to address an identified equity challenge in their school or organization. During the final session in June, participants will share their learning journey and the results from their Theory of Action.
Each session, a 2-hour virtual meeting, will occur from 4:30-6:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. Classes will be held on every second Wednesday of the month: August 11, September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8, January 12, February 9, March 9, April 13, May 11, and June 8.
Who is encouraged to attend: Parents, Students, Teachers, Counselors, Social Workers, Deans, Paraeducators, Administrators, Board Members, and any organization working within education.
Aug & Sept - Counter Storytelling
Oct & Nov - Permanence of Racism
Dec & Jan - Whiteness as Property
Feb & March - Interest Convergence
May & June - Critique of Liberalism & Final Presentation
* Explore Critical Race Theory and its connection to outcomes for BIPOC communities
* Explore the role law plays in defining racial segregation in schools
* Develop a deeper understanding of the sociopolitical context of instruction in schools
* Design a theory of change project to implement over the course of the year
* Final Presentation: share your Theory of Change Project experience and learning from the course
Cost: $500 per person
$450 per person for teams of 5 or more
Presented by ESSIEN EDUCATION GROUP @MichaelCEssien
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service