This nationally expanding and fully-funded programme seeks to inspire emerging future leaders in General Practice, and this year is no exception, with a fantastic line up of workshops and interviews by foremost leaders in healthcare. The programme will consist of 5 evening events, starting at 18:30, with food and drink provided
The planned dates and programme are as follows:
* Thursday 5th September, 18.30-21.00 – Lazaat Hotel, Hull • Simon Barrett – Chief Executive, Humberside LMC • Dr Dan Roper – Chairman, Hull CCG
* Tuesday 8th October, 18.30-21.00 – The Marriot Hotel, York • Prof. Mike Holmes – Vice-Chair, RCGP | GP Partner, Haxby Group • Dr Nick Harding – Chairman, S&WB CCG | Senior Advisor, NHSE | GP Partner, Modality
* Monday 4th November, 18.30-21.00 – Venue TBC, Scarborough • Hannah Miller – Director Miller&More – Strength Finder Session
* Wednesday 4th December, 18.30-21.00 – Lazaat Hotel, Hull • Dr Nikki Kanani MBE – Director of Primary Care, NHSE • Dr Zoe Norris – GP Lecturer | PCN Clinical Director | GP Blogger, Huffington Post & Pulse
* Thursday 6th February, 18.30-21.00 – The Marriot Hotel, York • Myron Rogers – A leading author and consultant in leadership of effective change
Next Generation GP aims to:· ENERGISE: through access to the stories, perspectives and expertise of inspiring leaders at the forefront of primary care.· ENGAGE: through a supportive network of like-minded trainees and early-career GPs· EMPOWER: through a series of workshops to increase your ability for shaping care within and beyond your organisation.
*What?There will generally be two parts to the evening sessions. We begin with a themed workshop, talk or facilitated group work session addressing a specific leadership challenge. This is followed by an interview with an inspiring national leader, with a chance for the audience to engage and ask their own questions to the guest. Some sessions will be organised purely as workshops from experts on team-work, culture and leadership within the NHS.There will also be ample networking opportunities with guest speakers and delegates.
*Who?Next Generation GP is for GP trainees and early career GPs (10 years post-CCT) with an interest in health policy and the wider NHS. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the UK, but priority will be given for those working in the region of North Yorkshire and The Humber.Please find the person specification here: http://bit.ly/nextgenspec *How?Applicants are invited to submit a very brief expression of interest outlining their motivation for applying to the programme below.
For more information about the programme, and to see feedback from last year’s cohort, please visit our website at: http://bit.ly/NextGGP
A useful video about the programme can be found at: https://youtu.be/uri4_mxbrTk Do get in touch with us if you have any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes,The Next Generation GP team