Thank you for your interest in the Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) Internship Program. Any student enrolled in a secondary or postsecondary institution, or recent graduate, is eligible to apply.

Internships are open to all majors, although strong oral and written communication, as well as a basic understanding of political processes, is preferred.

We offer a variety of opportunities throughout our Finance, Political, Communications, and Field divisions. Interns are expected to learn aspects of each division, and may be placed in a specific division that aligns with their skillset and the needs of the KDP.

You are able to serve as an intern without seeking course credit. If you would like to earn course credit through a secondary or postsecondary institution, then the KDP will work with you and the institution. All internships are unpaid positions.

The KDP Director of Operations will work with prospective candidates in order to determine a weekly schedule. Interns will work out of the KDP Headquarters in downtown Topeka, and may be offered opportunities to work from home.

Those interested may apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (less than 500 words, any topic, may be a previous piece used for school or work). Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be asked to interview as applications are reviewed.

We look forward to working with you!

Email address *
First Name *
Last Name *
Resume/CV *
Cover Letter *
Writing Sample *
How did you hear about this job?
If you would prefer, you may mail or email your resume and cover letter to:
Dan Coviello
Director of Operations
P.O. Box 1914
Topeka, KS 66601

or email to:

U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Quorum are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.

Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Veteran Status
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:

A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.

A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.

An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.

An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020

Why are you being asked to complete this form?

Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities (1). To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.

If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.

How do I know if I have a disability?

You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.

Disabilities include, but are not limited to:

- Blindness
- Deafness
- Cancer
- Diabetes
- Epilepsy
- Autism
- Cerebral palsy
- Schizophrenia
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)

Reasonable Accommodation Notice

Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.

(1) Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at

PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.

Disability Status
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Kansas Democratic Party. - Terms of Service