Online Course on Thematic Essence of Gopala Tapani Upanishad
Courtesy - ISKCON Baltimore (USA)
When: Every Friday & Saturday Night (8-10pm US/EST time) / Every Saturday/Sunday Mornings (Asia time)
Duration: 24 Lessons
Fees: FREE of Cost with a condition of atleast 70% attendance. This is to discourage irresponsible dropouts.
Course Facilitator: Charucandra das (Dr. Chandrakant P. Giri, Ph.D.) is disciple of H.H. Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj. Krsna willing, at 76 he is on track to graduate with an MSc degree from the University of Edinburgh, UK [September 2020]. The topic of his MSc dissertation is on the science of epigenetics & Gaudiya
Vaiṣṇava bhakti traditions.
Facilitator Qualifications: VIHE TTC Graduate, Conducted Online Thematic Essence Courses for past 17 years based on Srila Prabhupada’s books - BG, NOD, NOI, ISO, Srimad Bhagvatam, Chaitanya Charitamrita, 5 of Six Sandarbhas and Sri Brhad & Laghu Bhagvatamritas.
We gratefully acknowledge receipt of a generous grant from NIRMAN Trust, which supports global dissemination of the Vedic scriptural knowledge.
Course Start Date/Time:
- ~4th Sep 2020 (08:00 - 10:00 PM), US/EST Time
- ~5th Sep 2020 (05:30 - 07:30 AM), India Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
- ~5th Sep 2020 (08:00 - 10:00 AM), Singapore Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
- ~5th Sep 2020 (09:00 - 11:00 AM), Japan Time (+ 1 hr during US Day Light Savings)
Prior Exposure to Gaudiya Vaishanava Philosophy but not necessary
Internet Broadband Connection + Headset or PC Speaker
- PowerPoint presentations
- Live interactive participation across the globe.
- Access to previously recorded sessions
- Q&A Sessions
- NO COST TO STUDENTS
Where: In the comfort of your own home through live video conference over the Internet
Registration Link: https://tinyurl.com/GopalaTapaniUpanisad
- Carucandra Pr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanjiv Keswani Pr: email@example.com
- Śrī Gopāla-tāpanī Upaniṣad (GTU), a Sanskrit text and linked to the Atharvaveda, is one of the four Tāpanī Upaniṣads (Nṛsiṃha, Rāma, Tripurā, and Gopāla)—Wikipedia. The course will draw insights from translated texts in English along with scholastic commentaries by leading ācāryas of the Gaudiya Vaiṣṇava tradition.
- GTU in two chapters:
I) Pūrva tāpanī; and
II) Uttara tāpanī.
It unfolds with an in-depth analysis of the 18 syllable Gopāla mantra prompted by sages’ five questions to Brahmā. The inescapable conclusion is that Gopāla mantra is not only identifies with Gopala Kṛṣṇa, but also its chanting as the means to cultivate unalloyed love for Him. The questions of Śrī Rādhā & Durvāsā Muni’s answers lead to the translation of the typical esoteric description in the Upanisad into an atypical, but easily understandable revelation of how one attains Prema-bhakti unto Gopala Kṛṣṇa, which probably constitutes as the most compelling reason why we should take up a serious study of GTU.