Program Assistant Training 2019 REGISTER NOW!
Thursday, September 5, 2019
6pm-7pm off-ice ONLY. Skates are not required as all training will take place off-ice.
Georgina Ice Palace
If you have further questions in advance of the session, contact us at:
What are Program Assistants (PAs)?
Program assistants (PAs) are individuals who have been trained by a CanSkate coach to assist in the delivery of the CanSkate program. Program assistants may be drawn from several different groups of people including:
• Current skaters at the club
• Former skaters
• Skaters from other sports (hockey, ringette,speed skating)
What do PAs Do?
Program Assistants provide general assistance to the coaches on the session.
They MAY be asked to:
• Assist warm-ups, group activities or cool-downs
• Assist with the set-up of circuits and stations
• Lead circuits and rotations
• Demonstrate proper execution of skating skills
• Aid skaters who may have additional needs
• Take attendance
• Time speed skills
• Provide encouragement and general feedback to skaters
How do I sign my skater up to be a PA?
SIGN UP NOW!
If your skater would like to join our exciting Program Assistant team, please complete this form to register for our mandatory training session on September 5th!
Skaters wishing to become a Program Assistant for the 2019-2020 season must:
• Attend mandatory training
• Be a registered current Skate Canada member
• Be able to demonstrate basic skating skills
• Be at least 10 years old (unless approved by Julia Wilson, Program Coordinator)
GSC reserves the right to set a minimum skill requirement.
I want to register for Program Assistant training!
Complete the section below to register for Program Assistant training for the 2019-2020 season.
Skater's Given Name
Current Skating Level
Skater's Date of Birth
Parent/Guardian Given Name
Yes, I plan to attend on September 5th!
Yes, I plan to attend on September 5th! *MANDATORY FOR ALL PROGRAM ASSISTANTS.
No, I cannot attend but I am interested in becoming a Program Assistant. Please note it is mandatory for all Program Assistants to attend a training session.
Upon successful completion of PA training, my skater (I) can be available to assist on the following sessions:
Tuesdays (5:30pm-7:00pm in Sutton)
Sundays (8:00am-9:00am in Sutton)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service