NCAEE Call for Presenters 2022
January 29, 2022 at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC and live-streamed
Do you have engaging classroom practices or strategies to improve educator effectiveness that you would like to share with others? How are students empowered in your classroom and school? In what ways are you engaging students to be productive learners? Consider joining us at the 2022 NCAEE Elementary Conference and share your expertise with others.
The goal of the North Carolina Association of Educators is to support high quality professional development sessions that are timely and relevant to elementary educators. Proposals should be very clear in how the session aligns with current research or best practice. We are particularly interested in sessions that actively involve participants and model best practices for teaching and learning.
The NCAEE Winter PD Conference will be held from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm on Saturday, January 29th at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. Each session will be 45 minutes long. Each session will also be live-streamed and recorded at Meredith College for those who choose to participate virtually.
The objective of the breakout sessions is to provide participants with valuable educational information that will positively impact them and their role in education. If you are representing an organization or company that offers materials or services to our participants, you may not promote books, products, or services during sessions.
Our conference theme this year is NAVIGATING THE FUTURE. When you complete this Google form, you will be asked to choose one of the following four conference strands that best fit your presentation. Please read the descriptions below so you can select the strand that best aligns with your session.
** Active Learning and Engagement: Sessions designed to share strategies for actively engaging students and promoting student ownership in the learning process through hands-on experiences, cooperative learning structures, kinesthetic activities, etc.
** Educator Effectiveness: Sessions may include classroom management and organization strategies professional growth, teacher leadership, the teacher evaluation process, reflection, utilizing data to improve instruction, etc.
** Social and Emotional Development: Sessions may offer strategies for helping students develop positive relationships with others, manage and express ideas and feelings, success in school, etc.
** 21st Century Learning Approaches: Sessions offer strategies and effective modeling of blended learning, flexible seating, meaningful technology integration, personalized learning, co-teaching, differentiated instruction, and other innovative techniques to encourage engagement, growth, and learning.
All communication about your breakout session will come to you directly and you will be responsible for sharing it with co-presenter(s), if applicable.
The deadline for presenter proposals is Friday, December 12, 2021. The NCAEE committee will review the submitted proposals in and will communicate their decision by the end of December. If you would like to submit a proposal, complete the online form. We suggest that you first create a document with all the information that is requested and then just copy and paste to the web form. Save your document for your reference since you will not be able to access the web form later.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
If you have already completed your membership for this year and paid the $50 for the fall and winter conferences, your registration fees are completed.
Regular rate (register by January 3rd): $50
If your session is approved, the lead presenter will be emailed a registration link. Please wait to register for the conference until you have received confirmation from the committee.
All presenters and co-presenters agree to register and pay the conference fee of $50 by January 3rd. If a presenter has not registered and paid by January 3rd, his or her presentation will be canceled and another will take its place.
* HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s).
* HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
* CO-PRESENTERS: All communication regarding your breakout session will be sent to the lead presenter directly, and he/she will be responsible for sharing it with the co-presenter (if any). Also note that the co-presenter must also register for the conference.
* WI-FI: Meredith College is equipped with free Wi-Fi internet.
* AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged with cooperative tables. Please note that Meredith College will provide a screen, speakers, and projector as no charge to you. However, the conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation.
* IF YOU MUST CANCEL: If after you have been chosen to present you find out that you must cancel, please plan to have someone in mind to take your place. This person may be your co-presenters, if you have one, or someone else qualified to present your material.
Note: In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, NCAEE will notify participants of any changes and or cancellations 48 hours in advance of he conference date.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Name of Presenter (Lead Contact):
School District, if applicable:
Complete Work Address:
Name(s) of Co-presenter(s), if applicable:
First and Last Name(s)
School District, if applicable:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Wake County Public School System.