Have you ever dreamed of becoming a cover model for OBVIOUS Magazine? Well, today is your lucky day. Are you ready? We are looking for one male and one female model. Each winner will be photographed separately for their cover shoot and 6-8 page editorial inside of our September Issue.
This is a tremendous opportunity and could grow your brand or career. You must be easy to work with and show up on time. The competition will start with 30 models: 15 males/15 female for Phase 1.
Voting will begin on obviousmag.com first. Model submissions will be uploaded to our website by an OBVIOUS team member.
Models who make-the-cut will be notified via email and given a Competition Number (ex: Contestant #1). Each contestant will be given a unique custom link to be placed on your website (if applicable), bio section on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
The photo shoot will be in Los Angeles, New York, or Atlanta. This is not a paid opportunity. If you are one of the two winners, you must cover your travel accommodations to include the hotel, ground transportation, and flight to the shoot location. A top photographer will photograph the cover shoot, and each model will be styled by our editorial team including hair and makeup. Food will be provided on set.
Please read through the list of rules and restrictions below:
- Must follow OBVIOUS Magazine Instagram: @obviousmag.
- You cannot have a private Instagram page for the duration of the competition. No exceptions.
- Must be based in the United States.
- Must be 16 years or older. All models under 18 must have legal guardian or parents permission to enter.
- Must be able to provide proof of residency and age.
- Previous cover models cannot enter the competition.
- Refrain from sending us emails, direct messages, and tagging us on Social Media. If you are selected, you will hear from us.
- You must submit (4) four images. One portrait (in natural light), one full body (in natural light), one waist up (in natural light), and one fashion portrait (studio or outside). Examples are below. You must have permission from the photographer(s) to submit. NO SCREENSHOTS. NO LOGOS/WATERMARKS ON IMAGES. NO FILTERS.
- Both winners will be required to sign a model release.
- You can only enter one (1) time. No exceptions.
- You are not allowed to take any BTS video or images. There will be staff on set doing behind-the-scene photos. You'll receive a copy of these images once the editorial goes live.
- When posting on your feed, make sure to tag @obviousmag using hashtag #obviousmag
- Once your image(s) are placed online and social media, they will not be removed. No exceptions.
- An adult guardian/chaperone or parent must accompany models under 18.
Models will be allowed to submit by April 30th - May 10, 2018. Editors will select 30 models total. 15 male models / 15 female models. Our selections will be based on your images and the answers to the questions. Be yourself.
Voting will start for the 30 selected models from May 11th - 21st. Voting ends 11:59 PM EST on May 20, 2018.
On May 21, 2018, the Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female (6 Finalists) will be selected and revealed on Instagram and Facebook. The Top 6 Finalists are chosen based on the popular vote on obviousmag.com.
The Top 6 Models will be emailed to submit a video promo (up to 60 seconds) showcasing their personality. Instructions will be provided. Be creative. The video will aid in our determination. DO NOT USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MUSIC. Do not use any texts or titles. No nudity. Videos will be due no later than May 25, 2018, at 11:59 PM EST.
Videos will appear on obviousmag.com, Instagram, and Facebook on May 28.
Winners will be chosen and revealed at 5:00 AM PST / 8:00 AM EST on June 1, 2018.
The cover shoot will be held in July 2018 in New York, Atlanta, or Los Angeles.