NAMI 2019 Legislative Advocate Contact List
The Montana Legislature is now in session. NAMI Montana's Board has had our Legislative priorities set for more than a year and we are excited to advocate for them.
While we have other bills and will support other issues, these Legislative Objectives are our rallying points.
1) Adequate funding for community mental health services
2) Eliminate barriers to effective co-occurring services for mental health and substance abuse treatment.
3) Develop and support mental health crisis care for children, adolescents and adults.
4) Improve transition services for children aging out of the children’s mental health treatment system
5) Develop funding for quality mental health peer support services.
6) Oppose solitary confinement in both the treatment and corrections systems, realizing that there is still a need for short-term protective custody for the safety of the person, caregivers, and others.
7) Support effective transition services from public health and correction institutions into communities
8) Improve the interface between the education and mental illness treatment systems.
9) Support the identification and elimination of unnecessary and costly rules in the mental illness treatment system.
We really need people that are interested in either testifying, leaving a phone message, or sending a message to Legislators. Please fill out this form if you're interested in getting regular advocacy alerts from NAMI Montana.
Please stand up and make your voice count! Thank you!
What are some of the issues that you are most interested in advocating for?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service