Helen Sevier, the second full-time employee hired at B.A.S.S., was a pioneer at all levels within the B.A.S.S. organization. Under her leadership in marketing, B.A.S.S. membership more than doubled to 20,000 the year after Sevier was hired. Memberships broke the 500,000 mark by 1990. In 1986, with an investment group, Sevier assumed ownership of B.A.S.S.; along with that came the title of President and CEO.
To honor her leadership and long-term vision for the growth of sportfishing, B.A.S.S., in partnership with Shimano, will dedicate two $2,500 “Pioneer” scholarships to deserving female high school anglers who wish to pursue competitive fishing at the college level. Application Deadline: July 15, 2022.
The Applicant Must Be:
• A recent high school graduate or rising senior
• A female student angler
• A U.S. or Canadian citizen
• A member of B.A.S.S.
The Applicant Must Commit:
• To enroll in a four-year college or university, two-year college or university, or vocational school as a full-time student
• To declare to compete at the collegiate level on their school’s fishing team
Scholarship Application Process:
1. Complete the Application form below.
2. Provide a copy of your most recent high school Transcript.
3. Provide two Letters of Recommendation: one from a high school or college educator or fishing coach, and one from a B.A.S.S. Nation member, other than a family member. A second letter from a teacher/professor can be submitted in lieu of a letter from a B.A.S.S. Nation member. The letters should state why they feel you would make a good candidate for this scholarship.
4. Scan all required documents and email as a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed by Shimano and B.A.S.S. staff. The successful applicants will be notified by July 22, 2022 and be featured in B.A.S.S. media.
If selected for the scholarship, you will be required to provide:
1. Verification of acceptance into a college, university or vocational school, including the fishing team
2. Your Social Security number and IRS W-9 form.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
Please note: This award will be made directly to the student and not the student's educational institution and can be used for tuition, textbooks or living expenses.