Please note, all selected applicants for each year are given one ticket per group to attend the annual Gala. The 2017 gala is set for March 30th, 2017. 2018 is not currently set.
The deadline for 2018 festival application is January 15th, 2018. Applications have a $25 administrative fee. Should you have any issues with the application fee, you may reach out to email@example.com.
Artists are selected for the Harlem Arts Festival through an application process, vetted by HAF's Artist Selection Committee. Artists that are selected each year join the HAFamily, which gives them a number of benefits. These include:
- Performing at the Harlem Arts Festival, which is attended by more than 6,000 people each year
- Showcasing their work regularly in venues around New York City
- Conducting workshops, classes and residencies in local schools
- Media and photography footage that can be used to create EPKs
- Free and discounted Rehearsal space
- Discounted recording studio time
- Establishing relationships with mentors and professional artists to provide guidance for their careers.
- Being seen by the individuals that program some of Harlem, and New York's leading cultural institutions, including The Apollo, Harlem Stage, Hi-Arts, Studio Museum, and more.
All opportunities for HAF Artists are compensated with honorariums and fees. These are determined based on the scope of the presented work, number of artists involved, and availability of funding.
Before you begin, please be sure you have read through our FAQ's and all information about the application. Once you begin this application, you will not be able to save your work or go back. If you are not able to complete this at one time, copy the questions on to a separate document, fill it out there, and fill in your answers when you have time. Once you fill out the application, be sure you pay the application fee of $25, which you can do so here: http://bit.ly/2k4ta2r. You can also find the link at the bottom of this application. Only applicants that have submitted payment AND completed the artist application will be considered for the festival.
You can email us any time with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (347) 619-3823.