1.MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR TRADITIONAL STUDENTSThose who are currently High School Seniors or College Students (Graduate or Undergraduate) who have never taken a break from school and are enrolled or have applied for enrollment in a qualifying college, university or vocational school.
2. MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION Veterans, or military dependents who have taken a break in their education and are now continuing full- or part-time in a qualifying college, university or vocational school.
Each category is judged separately; both scholarships apply the same criteria. All application information will be treated in a confidential manner. Applicants name and other identifying information will be removed from the application before being reviewed by the selection committee. Questions can be directed to the Hui Scholarship Chairperson at email@example.com.
2. Applicants must complete the requirements for high school graduation before July 31, 2018 and be a member in good standing within their community.
3. Individuals who will be attending a service academy or who accept any other full scholarship are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
4. Scholarships are based on scholastic merit and community involvement. Race, sex, national origin, or financial need will not influence the selection.
2. Transcripts must be sent by U.S. Postal mail, in one envelope, and be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019. Transcripts are to be attached to your application in a sealed envelope; high school student’s transcript must also be signed by their school counselor.
3. For applicants not currently in school, transcripts from the most recent school(s) attended must be attached. If a Continuing Education applicant is unable to obtain a transcript (i.e. last school has since closed, paper records burned, etc.), please provide a written explanation with supporting documentation. Foreign students must provide a transcript in English.
4. An application is not considered complete without transcripts; late or incomplete applications will not be considered (see last page for checklist). All information must be documented on the Fort Shafter Hui application. Resumes or curriculum vitae cannot be used as a substitute.
2. Awardees and their sponsors will be asked to sign a pledge affirming that they meet the eligibility requirements as stated herein.
3. Awards will be presented in the form of a check to the individual awardees’ institution, contingent upon receipt by the Hui Scholarship Committee of verification of enrollment in an accredited institution of higher learning. This scholarship money must be sent to the institution no later than\September 30, 2019
4. Several scholarships will be awarded. The use of scholarship monies awarded is restricted to payment of tuition, fees, books, and room and board.