This is an application to participate in any of the three Arts in the Dark Lantern Processions - you are welcome to participate in as many processions as you'd like!
TUESDAY, June 12, 2018 - Under the SeaTUESDAY, July 10, 2018 - Starry Nights and Flying CreaturesTUESDAY August 14, 2018 - Chinese Valentine's Day
The staging area for each procession will be on the south side of the River at the jetty between Franklin and Wells (This area is directly across the Chicago River from the Merchandise Mart.) You will be asked to arrive at 7:30pm - the procession will begin at 8:30pm and will move east almost to Lake Shore Drive (approximately one mile.) You will receive detailed information regarding parking, drop off and pick up areas once we receive your application.
1. The Arts in the Dark Lantern Procession on the Riverwalk is an all weather event, please take this into account while creating your lantern.
2. Lanterns must be illuminated through battery-powered electronic light. Absolutely no open flame is allowed.
3. You must be able to carry your lantern down the Riverwalk. If you choose to create multiple lanterns, you must be able to carry all of them yourself or arrange for someone to carry them for you.
4. Your creations can be based on real or imaginary creatures. We encourage you to be as creative as possible.
5. Your lantern can be something you carry - or even something you wear - like a hat!
Thank you for participating - and we invite you to be a part of the Lantern Brigade in our October 20th Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade!
If you have any questions please contact Shelby Shariatzadeh: Shelby@LUMA8.org