1. EDUCATION TRUST OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIETY OF PHYSIOTHERAPY2. SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIETY OF PHYSIOTHERAPY, MARJORIE CATT
BURSARY - TERMS AND CONDITIONSPlease read the Conditions for Consideration of Application for a Bursary carefully
CONDITIONS FOR CONSIDERATION WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
1. The decision whether to grant or refuse financial assistance is solely within the discretion of the Education Trust of the South African Society of Physiotherapy.
2. The applicant hereby agrees that -
2.1 All funds paid by the Trust in respect of the applicant’s tuition shall be paid directly to the University2.2 The Trust reserves the right to terminate any financial assistance to the applicant in the event that the applicant fails to reasonably achieve the required degree of progress and/or commitment. Should the applicant be expelled from and/or refused permission to reregister, for any reason, for the course by the University, the Trust shall be entitled to demand and claim refund of all funds disbursed.2.3 The applicant shall be a South African citizen and a member of the SASP. Registration can be done online at www.saphysio.co.za 2.4 The recipient shall be a member of the SASP for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years following completion of their physiotherapy degree and during this time render service on a SASP committee and as a volunteer at SASP events in their region. Contact details will be shared with national, provincial or special interest group committees. 2.5 The recipient must be prepared to mentor new bursary recipients at the same university for the duration of their studies.2.6 The recipient’s name, photograph and progress may be used to promote the Trust.
3. The applicant notes that -
3.1 Bursaries are awarded on a year to year basis and the applicant needs to apply annually for continued financial assistance. The Trust is not obligated to renew bursaries3.2 Bursaries awarded shall usually be granted from the third year of study. The Trust may require a motivation from the University Department concerned before awarding a bursary to an applicant in second year. Bursaries will not be awarded to first year students.3.3 All financial information provided will remain confidential to the Trust Administration.3.4 The bursary is NOT a full bursary and will only cover a portion of the tuition fees.
Please ensure that you understand the aforementioned Conditions of the Bursary and agree to these conditions by completing the final section at the end of this Application Form
Please complete the digital Application Form in full and submit.
Then email the documents listed below to email@example.com (The Education Trust of the South African Society of Physiotherapy) by 30 September 2018 to complete your digital application:
1. Your latest mid-year university results2. Your previous end of year university results.3. A motivational letter explaining why you need financial support. 4. A letter of support from a Physiotherapy lecturer which includes their contact details5. A copy of your most recent university account statement6. Copies of proof of listed sources of funding (E.g Salary advice, pay slips etc)