STEP 1: At first developers look through the FOSSASIA projects and get acquainted with it by reading the Best Practices (blog.fossasia.org/open-source-developer-guide-and-best-practices-at-fossasia/
) They also join FOSSASIA channels as follows:
* Join the FOSSASIA Group on eventyay here https://eventyay.com/g/40
(Click "Follow" button. You need to be logged in to eventyay)
* Join the FOSSASIA GitHub org at https://orgmanager.herokuapp.com/o/fossasia
and OpnTec at https://orgmanager.herokuapp.com/o/OpnTec
* Signup for the FOSSASIA Newsletter, fossasia.org/#subscribe
* Star and fork repositories you are interested in on GitHub, github.com/fossasia
* Join the FOSSASIA Chat on Gitter, gitter.im/fossasia/fossasia
* Follow FOSSASIA on Twitter (twitter.com/fossasia
), Opntec (twitter.com/opntec
) and the Codeheat Twitter account (twitter.com/codeheat_
* Like FOSSASIA on Facebook, facebook.com/fossasia
* Join the FOSSASIA Group on Linkedin, www.linkedin.com/groups/3762811
* Follow the FOSSASIA Linkedin Page, www.linkedin.com/company/2982840/
* Subscribe to the FOSSASIA YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/fossasiaorg
STEP 2: Then developers sign up on this form to participate.
STEP 3: Developers actively contribute code and write blog posts
* Each developer then searches for issues that interests him/her https://github.com/search?l=&o=desc&q=org%3Afossasia+label%3Acodeheat+state%3Aopen&s=created&type=Issues
* Developers claim ownership of a particular issue by leaving a comment. Developers work on the issues and if there are questions asks on the chat channel of the project.
* Developers should only claim one issue at a time.
* Once finished, the developers make a pull request from his/her own forked repository to the development branch of the project and submit their work for review.
* Pull requests need to pass Travis builds, code CI tests and ensure migrations work.
* Mentors and maintainers from the organization evaluate the work submitted.
* After the pull request has been merged developers can claim another issue to work on if they wish.
* Developers can also submit blog posts to share their knowledge with other contributors
STEP 4: Evaluations will take place at the end of each contest period. Results of winners will be announced a few days after the period ends.
A detailed timeline and more details at https://codeheat.org