[Codeheat] Coding Contest with FOSSASIA and OpnTec
Please read the below information carefully to understand how to participate in the contest and then fill out the questions on the bottom to join.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
A coding contest for FOSSASIA projects
The contest runs from 1st October 2020 until 1st June 2021. You can win prizes and everyone who gets five pull requests merged during the contest period will receive a digital certificate of participation from the FOSSASIA organization. Developers with ten merged PRs or more will receive a Tshirt or other cool items from FOSSASIA (if postal distribution is feasible).
Codeheat is separated into two month periods. After each period our jury chooses the winners of the period. Eligible issues for the contest have the label "Codeheat" on GitHub. Please join the FOSSASIA GitHub organization and get started.
The contest website is:
All issues eligible for the contest are listed here:
Please sign up for a Codeheat Ask Me Anything event now:
Wednesday, 9 December, 2020 8:00 PM (IST)
Thursday, 7 January, 2021 8:00 PM (IST)
Thursday, 11 February, 2021 8:00 PM (IST)
Thursday, 4 March, 2021 8:00 PM (IST)
Thursday, 8 April, 2021 8:00 PM (IST)
Thursday, 6 May, 2021 8:00 PM (IST)
What is the flow in the contest?
STEP 1: At first developers look through the FOSSASIA projects and get acquainted with it by reading the Best Practices (
) They also join FOSSASIA channels as follows:
* Join the FOSSASIA GitHub org at
and OpnTec at
* Signup for the FOSSASIA Newsletter,
* Join the FOSSASIA Open Event platform and register on
* Star and fork repositories you are interested in on GitHub,
* Join the FOSSASIA Chat on Gitter,
* Follow FOSSASIA on Twitter (
), Opntec (
) and the Codeheat Twitter account (
* Like FOSSASIA on Facebook,
* Join the FOSSASIA Group on Linkedin,
* Follow the FOSSASIA Linkedin Page,
* Subscribe to the FOSSASIA YouTube Channel,
STEP 2: Then developers sign up on this form to participate.
STEP 3: Developers actively contribute code and write blog posts
* Each developer then searches for issues that interests him/her
* Developers claim ownership of a particular issue by leaving a comment. Developers work on the issues and if there are questions asks on the chat channel of the project.
* Developers should only claim one issue at a time.
* Once finished, the developers make a pull request from his/her own forked repository to the development branch of the project and submit their work for review.
* Pull requests need to pass Travis builds, code CI tests and ensure migrations work.
* Mentors and maintainers from the organization evaluate the work submitted.
* After the pull request has been merged developers can claim another issue to work on if they wish.
* Developers can also submit blog posts to share their knowledge with other contributors
STEP 4: Evaluations will take place at the end of each contest period. Results of winners will be announced a few days after the period ends.
A detailed timeline and more details at
Please reconfirm your email.
What is your name?
Did you already sign up for FOSSASIA channels and connected to projects and the organization by doing the following?
Please connect with FOSSASIA.
You are a public member of the FOSSASIA and OpnTec GitHub organization (
). You can join here:
Read the FOSSASIA Best Practices Guidelines on
Join the FOSSASIA Open Event platform and register on
Join the FOSSASIA Chat on Gitter,
Sign up for the FOSSASIA Newsletter,
Follow FOSSASIA projects on GitHub by running the Star-Me script in your browser:
Fork at least 10 Projects on the FOSSASIA GitHub (
) that you like
Follow the FOSSASIA Facebook page on
Follow FOSSASIA on Twitter (
), OpnTec (
) and the Codeheat Twitter account (
Follow FOSSASIA on YouTube at
Join the FOSSASIA Group on Linkedin,
Followed the FOSSASIA
and OpnTec on
Visited the Codeheat issue page on
What is your GitHub profile link?
Please state your gender.
Are you a student or professional?
Please choose your age area.
below 18 years old
18-22 years old
23-32 years old
33-44 years old
45-60 years old
above 60 years old
What is your home address? (Street Number, District, etc.)
To receive FOSSASIA T-shirt after 10 merged PRs
Which City do you come from?
Which Country do you come from?
Which university or school did or do you attend?
Please add you university or enter "NA" if you are not attending a school.
What is the link to your Facebook profile?
This will let us invite you to events and FOSSASIA pages on Facebook.
What is the link to your Twitter profile?
This will let us connect with you on Twitter.
Comments? Anything else you would like to tell us?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service