11:00 a.m. ~ Line-ups Begin 2:00 p.m. ~ Parade Begins 4:00 p.m. ~ Parade Winners Announced (on the main stage downtown)
In order to have a smoother parade line-up experience for everyone, PLEASE READ EVERYTHING OUTLINED BELOW. WE WANT TO HAVE THE BEST PARADE IN QUINLAN HISTORY AND NEED EVERYONE’S HELP!
***** NOTE - ALL HORSE TRAILERS, HORSE & RIDERS NEED TO PARK & RIDE FROM THE QUINLAN FORD HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT. SEE BELOW FOR ALL DETAILS:
Changes and Additions to Parade Line-ups:
1. The deadline to register to be in the parade is Tuesday, December 8, 2015.
2. Each parade entry will be pre-assigned a parade number and receive that number on Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015. This number should be on the driver’s side window or door, clearly visible when driving through downtown on parade day.
3. Hella Shriners will station along Spur 264 around Quinlan Learning Academy and fall into the parade AFTER the Band and Drill Team and Cheerleaders.
4. IF ANY Parade entry is NOT ready and needs to decorate, parade entries can stage at the old Save Mart/Budget Saver parking lot or QISD Central Office Admin. At no time should any parade entry block any part of Clardy drive or the parade line-up route. No floats should come to Spur 264 and arrive at Cannon Elementary.
5. All Horse and Riders along with trailers are to park at the Ford High School parking lot and ride down Spur 264 to get into the parade.
6. Through traffic will still be allowed on Spur 264 until the parade starts at 2:00.
10. ALL DROP-OFF and Go of parade participants for parade floats are to be at the front of D.C. Cannon Elementary School.
11. Volunteers will be on-hand to escort children to their floats.
12. Parade judges will be downtown in front of the police station.
13. All entries should have a representative return to downtown Quinlan after the parade for the awarding of parade trophies and winners.
14. Football players will be assigned floats to assist in carrying out candy to the kids.
15. The middle section parking lot at Cannon will be reserved for the parade grand marshal, FHS band, FHS drill team, TMS and FHS cheerleaders, the chamber of commerce and QISD administration/PD.
16. End of Parade Fire Trucks (line-up along Spur 264 like always)
PARADE Line Up Order:LTRCofC with the big banner and any chamber board members/ambassadors who would like to walk the parade routeFHS Equine Team (with pooper scooper) 2015 Grand Marshal FHS BandFHS BellesFHS/TMS CheerHella Shriners will fall into line after the cheerleaders
Fire Trucks - End of Parade
**** PARADE RULES ****
1. Parade Entry Parking - Parking will be available in the front and side parking lot of A.E. Butler Intermediate School and the front parking lot of D.C. Cannon Elementary School. The south side D.C. Cannon enclosed parking lot is reserved.
2. Police cars, fire trucks, Hella Shriners and the football float are the only floats allowed to remain on the side of SPUR 264. All other entries will line-up as you arrive after 12:00 pm, entering through the AE BUTLER DRIVE that leads to SPUR 264.
3. All MOTORCYCLES ~ FIRE TRUCKS ~ VEHICLES with LOUD ENGINES or HORNS: Please BE AWARE of HORSES along the parade route.
5. Parade Route - NO PART OF THE PARADE WILL EXTEND TO STATE HIGHWAY 34. Parade entries will arrive to line-up at A.E. Butler Intermediate School. The parade will leave D.C. Cannon north on Spur 264 to SH 276 (Main Street), turn right through downtown Quinlan to Piccadilly Street, turn right to Richmond Avenue, turn left to College Street, turn right, to Clardy Drive that leads back to A.E. Butler Intermediate School and the point of origination.
6. Parade judging will take place during the parade. Judges will be located on the Main Stage in downtown Quinlan. Each entry will be issued a number that must be on the driver's side window and clearly visible to the judges. Please be slow and have your parade entry NUMBER displayed on your driver's side window. You will be assigned a parade NUMBER upon online registration. The number can be emailed to you for printing or given to you on the day of the parade.
7. Any approved entry may enter the parade on parade day; however, will NOT be a part of any competition.
8. All entries should go back to the Quinlan Police Department or have a representative at the QPD directly after the parade to receive any winning trophy and have a photo for the newspaper.
9. DO NOT THROW CANDY AT ANY TIME. CANDY HELPERS OR PARADE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ON-HAND TO GET CANDY FROM PARADE PARTICIPANTS TO THE CHILDREN.
QISD COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND LTRCC PARADE CONTACT PERSON:Tiffony Upchurch903-356-1222 firstname.lastname@example.org Lake Tawakoni Regional Chamber of Commerce Parade Chairwoman
DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL CHRISTMAS CONCERT CONTACT PERSONS:Dwaine Mooreddmoore1126@yahoo.comDon Graydonpaulgray@yahoo.com