2021 Spring Webinar 3: Polishing your maps with cartographic best practices. Tuesday 08/10 to Tuesday 08/17
ArcGIS Pro software is required for participation. If you do not currently have access to this software, you can request a trial version here:
An AGOL (ArcGIS Online) is also required for participation. If you do not currently have an AGOL account you can create a public account for this course
In most cases, all required datasets will be provided.
In this webinar each participant will start with a map that he/she has created and wants to enhance cartographically. Each participant should have a specific message and audience in mind for the selected map. This webinar will focus on applying cartographic principles and achieving publication quality maps. Please note participants must have an existing map and access to the relevant data.
Each module will take place over the course of 6 business days (Tuesday-Tuesday) and will consist of four major components:
• Interactive Lecture (Tuesday 8/10; 1:00 pm -2:30 pm ET): One 90 minute webinar. The webinar will include a lecture and hands on activities. At the end of the webinar, participants will be given an assignment to complete during the week.
• Technical Question and Answer Session (Thursday 8/12; 1:00 pm -2:30 pm ET): Following the webinar, participants will be invited to submit questions related to the content covered and the associated assignment. This information will be used for an interactive Q & A session scheduled for Thursday of the same week.
• Assignment Due (Friday 8/13): Assignments will be turned in at the end of the week.
• Group Discussion (Tuesday 8/17 1:00 pm -2:30 pm ET): Assignments will be discussed as a group during a final 90 minute webinar.
• Review the map design process;
• Explore practical matters such as color, scale, and resolution; and
• Discuss best practices related to: legends, labels, and symbols.
The webinars will take place during regular hours of business, and there will be assignments that need to be completed during the course of each module. Participants are expected to attend all three virtual sessions and complete the assignments associated with each module they sign up for.
Class size will be limited to 25. If you are on the wait list, you will be notified of your standing and any changes. If you are registered and cannot attend, please cancel your registration as soon as possible.
If you are unsure about taking the course, please contact Joshua Tootoo@
for a conversation about your skills and whether or not this workshop is right for you.
Unit within your organization
Primary phone number
Check here if you want to CANCEL your registration
I want to CANCEL my Registration
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service