Peer Mentor Program
Thank you for your interest in the Society of Physics Students 2019 Peer Mentor Program! Our goal is to foster a community of physics students at all levels here at FAU. To be eligible for this program, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- This program is open only to *physics majors*
- Mentors must be Juniors, Seniors, or equal standing FAU high students.
- Mentees may be Freshmen, Sophomores, or recent Transfers, or any standing FAU high student.
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out the following form.
Are you interested in becoming a mentor or a mentee?
What is your class standing?
Do you have any research interests or prior research experience? If you have never been involved with research, please indicate so.
Are you currently employed? If Yes, list approximately how many hours per week you work:
Current Credit Course Load:
Expected Credit Course Load for the following semester:
Do you have any hobbies?
Tell us about yourself! This helps us match you with a mentor/mentee.
What are your future goals?
Mentor-Mentee Pair Expectations
If selected to take part in this program, mentors are expected to fulfill the following:
- Meet with head peer mentor once monthly.
- Meet individually with all mentees under you once monthly.
- Meet with full mentee group once monthly.
- Discuss various topics regarding the physics degree.
- Mentors should give relevant guidance( as well as opportunities as relevant)
- Update and communicate with mentees frequently.
- Check emails frequently for updates from Head Peer Mentor on available opportunities for Physics Undergraduates.
If selected to take part in this program, mentees are expected to fulfill the following:
- Meet with with mentor on an individual and group basis ( a total of two meetings per month).
- Communicate with mentor and mentee-mates frequently.
- Mentees should attempt to complete any goals established by the mentor-mentee pair ( this could include resume building, internship application goals, etc, etc, as decided between you and your mentor).
If you agree to the above stipulations, please type your name
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service