Completion of this process does not guarantee the student athlete will be a member of the team. Coaches will make decisions on final rosters for each sport upon completion of tryouts.
In typing in your name (Parent/Guardian & Student) in this registration, you signify that your electronic signature represents the person named and acknowledges a full understanding & acceptance of the athletic rules and agreement.
*In providing your address, you are confirming that the student-athlete and the parent(s)/court-appointed legal guardian reside full time in the attendance boundaries of Collinsville Middle School.
If you have questions or need to contact me about conflicts, please call 618-343-2146 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Face to face with athletes and parents whom seek me out in meets or practice. All athletes need to know what is coming up and what is going on all the time. At the very least, they need to know how and where to find the answers to the questions they/you have.
2. Our website, Google Classroom, and the REMIND APP. At the beginning of each week I will write and send/post the following weeks events and info that we will go over with the athletes. Any emergency changes will also be delivered to all three methods as well as athletes using their phones to text/call you with their phones, school's phone, or mine.
Side Note: We believe that the best form of communication that ensures understanding is face to face. I feel that there was better communication & understanding before there were cell phones and the internet. This is why it is important to attend the parent meeting and seek out coaches during pick-up, practices, or meets. Creating a positive working relationship is important to us.
2. Pick up from practices and after meets in a reasonable amount of time. Have plans B and C in place when "life" happens. We are all busy and have families, and cars that can break. We understand this. We don't understand why you didn't know there was a meet or why you are shopping at Walmart when we have been waiting for 30 minutes.
3. Sign the sign-out sheet from the coach if taking your student-athlete home directly from an away meet. This is very important. Meets are hectic and busy and it will be difficult, but you need to find the coach to sign your child out. We like our jobs and want to ensure everyone gets home.
4. If you are taking your student-athlete from an away meet, they need to take their school stuff with them when get off the bus and give them to you for safe keeping and in case of rain. Most of the meets are in April and it will be wet. During meets the bus will be locked until the meets are over.
5. Encourage your athletes in a positive way. This is most of what we are doing as well. We want athletes to stick with the sport and get back up again when they fall or feel discouraged. High school is the great equalizer. JV runners in middle school can be Varsity runners in high school. But that only happens when they stick with their sport.
6. Respect us enough, if something happens, to discuss it in a calm and rational way. We do the best we can everyday and strive for perfection while being imperfect. I'll own my mistakes and learn from them. However, if we need mediation with the school principal I can set that up as well. Any dispute that cannot be resolved between the coach and parent starts there.
7. Have fun. Being a small part of our athletes' success is why we are involved in coaching and teaching.
8. A Parent/Guardian Meeting will be scheduled before the season starts after practice. Please attend this so we can meet each other and answer any questions you may have. We will also need parents to help run our events that we host.
Please click on the link below to watch the following video/presentation on concussions:https://www.ihsa.org/multimedia/articulate/2015-16/concussion/presentation.html
If your student-athlete does incur a concussion, a post-concussion consent form must be filled out and submitted before returning to practices and/or events.
Please click on the link below to read the SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION POST-CONCUSSION CONSENT FORM. https://www.sijhsaa.com/images/stories/pdf/Post_Concussion_Consent_Form_IHSA_SIJHSAA.pdf
Further, should the attending physician determine after examination that life-saving surgery procedures might be necessary, permission is hereby extended to the above parties to grant same.
Additionally, I agree to hold harmless such personnel and the Collinsville Unit #10 Board of Education by my action of granting said permission.
CODE OF CONDUCT & ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (Click link below)(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ulmw1hlyQLgqK8hUONlG_gbY84vXufEMzGdH_219eck/edit?usp=sharing)I have read and I understand and agree to conduct myself in accordance with the conditions of the District 10 Code of Conduct and the SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Eligibility Rules. *** ALL STUDENTS WHO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ARE AUTOMATICALLY SUBJECT TO THIS CODE OF CONDUCT. ***
I understand and agree to conduct myself in accordance with the conditions of the District 10 Code of Conduct and SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Eligibility Rules.
I also approve of the conditions of the District 10 Code of Conduct and the SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Eligibility Rules.
PERMISSION TO PLAY AND INTENT TO FOLLOW RULESI am aware that playing or practicing to play any sport can be dangerous involving many RISKS OF INJURY. I understand that the dangers of playing or practicing include but are not limited to death, serious neck and spinal cord injuries which may result in paralysis, brain damage, serious injury to virtually all internal organs, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and all other elements of the skeletal/muscular system.
I recognize the dangers of practicing or playing and agree to assume the risk. I also recognize the importance of following the coaches and instruction regarding skills, safety, and team rules.My son/daughter has my permission to play/practice in school-sponsored sports. The terms hereof shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for my heirs, estate, executor, administrator, assignees, and for all members of my family.
I have read and I understand the SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION CONCUSSION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT FORM. As a condition of participation, I agree to abide by them and have signed below.(https://www.sijhsaa.com/images/stories/pdf/Concussion_Acknowledgement_and_Consent_Form.pdf)
I have watched the IHSA Concussion Video. As a condition of participation, I agree to abide by them and have signed below. (https://www.ihsa.org/multimedia/articulate/2015-16/concussion/presentation.html)
I am aware of and have read the SOUTHERN ILLINOIS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION POST-CONCUSSION CONSENT FORM.(https://www.sijhsaa.com/images/stories/pdf/Post_Concussion_Consent_Form_IHSA_SIJHSAA.pdf)