AFP-MN IDEA Fellowship Application
The mission of the Minnesota Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP-MN) is to advance ethical and effective fundraising.
AFP-MN IDEA Fellowships are a one-year membership in AFP and a free pass – a “Golden Ticket” – to all trainings, events, and educational offerings available via AFP during the year as well as cohort-model programming for this year's Fellows.
The 2020 cohort of AFP-MN IDEA Fellows will be active from January through December 2020.
Applications for Fellows are open from September 1 through September 16th at 11:59 pm.
Fellowships are intended for current or aspiring fundraisers of color in Minnesota. A broad definition of fundraising applies here. Applicants are eligible if they are doing work to increase resources for their organizations and/or communities — or if they would like to start doing more of this kind of work. While priority is given to those who are not already members of AFP-MN, a smaller number of Fellowships will be made available to AFP-MN current members. Both members and non-members are encouraged to apply.
Fellowships are meant to benefit both Fellows and the AFP-MN organization. Our hope is that Fellows will bring the richness of their experience to the organization by participating in AFP-MN social and educational events and by joining AFP-MN committees. Fellows will benefit from the relationships, education, and access that AFP-MN offers.
If you need to apply via an alternative format, please email that request to
-Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM Monday, September 16th, 2019. All applicants will be notified of results by September 29th.
-The 2020 IDEA Fellows cohort will be invited to the National Philanthropy Day luncheon on Friday, November 15th, 2019, so that they may be recognized and celebrated.
-Cohort Session dates are below. Topics Identified at Orientation (TBD Mid-January). Fellows asked to confirm these dates when accepting the Fellowship.
February 6, 2020, 11 AM- 1:30 PM
May 7, 2020, 11 AM- 1:30 PM
August 6, 2020, 11 AM- 1:30 PM
November 5, 2020, 11 AM- 1:30 PM
Please mark these dates on your calendar. If you are selected as a 2020 AFP-MN IDEA Fellow, we hope that you can attend these program events.
The following considerations will be used when selecting applicants:
1. Applicant is working in fundraising OR has an interest in learning more about it.
2. Applicant expresses an ability to use both the network and the educational offerings provided via the Fellowship.
3. Applicant can offer professional fundraising experience in specialized areas OR is clear about what they'd like to learn more about.
4. Applicants that are not currently members are open to considering service on an AFP-MN committee, and current members are willing to commit to service on a committee. Committee work is one of the most meaningful ways to build connections and make a difference within AFP-MN.
5. Other considerations: availability for cohort session dates, access to funding for AFP-MN membership from organization, and an intention to create a cohort with a range of experience levels.
The length of your answers will not factor into selection. Use as many words as it takes for you to express your idea clearly.
Thank you for applying! Questions can go to:
Do you identify as black, indigenous or as a person of color?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service