SustainUS NYC Delegation to the UN Secretary General Climate Summit Application
Are you organizing for your community in New York and want to fight for climate justice globally? Do you want to build community, train with climate advocates around the world, and uplift your story and fights to a global level?
Apply to be a part of the SustainUS NYC Delegation to the UN Secretary General’s Climate Summit!
To apply, you do not have to have prior experience organizing around climate change. If you see an intersection between your work and climate change, we urge you to apply! In this delegation, we will be learning, training, and growing together.
We are looking for New Yorkers who are:
- From a NYC community impacted by environmental injustices or already feeling the impacts of climate change, view an intersection between climate change and your organizing around other issue areas (ie migration, #CLOSErikers, or Black Lives Matter), or are actively involved in organizing in NYC
- Ready to commit 4-8 hours of work per week towards the Delegation from June 2019 - early October 2019
- Excited, passionate, and have a love of learning!
The Delegation will consist of:
- Weekly evening meetings from mid June through early October
- Deep community building within the delegation, across New York groups and movements
- Trainings with SustainUS’s local and global partners
- Trainings to strengthen your training skills, which will be used at trainings occurring around Summit actions
- Opportunities to practice trainings at local weekly trainings throughout the summer
- Developing curriculum identifying the connections between local and global climate crises to be used at local trainings
- Possibility of attending the UNSG Summit in September
- Support with fundraising for delegation activities
- Attending coalition meetings throughout New York City
SustainUS is a youth-led organization, a community of young people (ages 18-28) from diverse geographies and identities across the United States who train one another in action, media, and solidarity organizing skills so we can organize for long-term climate justice. We have a proven track record of taking strategic action at key political moments. From the UN Climate Talks to global moments, we bridge local and national organizing with global movements for climate justice.
For more information about the Program check out:
Please note: SustainUS is in the process of fundraising for costs such as reimbursing travel and food, as well as need-based stipends.
For the questions on the next page, we ask that you keep your answers to a few sentences to a few short paragraphs. Keep it simple - we do not expect you to spend hours!
If you have any questions, please email Gavi Reiter (
NOTE: ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59pm ON JUNE 25th
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of SustainUS.