Australia's Best Dance Crew Registration
Australia’s Best Dance Crew is a unique dance competition that provides dancers with opportunities to showcase the artistry and technique of dance across all genres. Crews will showcase their ultimate works of skill and performance in a choreographed routine lasting no more than 4 minutes 30 seconds.
Creativity, showmanship and artistic freedom are always encouraged provided integrity, good taste and safety are not compromised.
We know that dance is subjective, and it can be controversial to say that one dance crew is better than another, so we are introducing a unique competition where dance teams won't be competing for 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Instead, we will be awarding:
• The Most Entertaining Dance Crew ($2,500 prize money + Trophy)
• The Best Choreographed Dance Crew ($2,500 prize money + Trophy)
• The Dance Crew displaying the Best Technical Ability ($2,500 prize money + Trophy)
The competition is a part of the Australian Dance Festival.
Composition of a Crew
A crew consists of a minimum twelve (12) to a maximum of forty (40) members. The members of the crew may be made up of any combination of males and females. This competition is open to amateurs only. Amateurs will be defined as those who do not earn a majority of their income from teaching, choreographing or performing in a professional capacity
There are no age limits on crew members as this is not a competition about comparing “apples with apples” but finding the Most Entertaining, The Best Choreographed, and the Most Technically Excellent dance crews. We want to make the competition as diverse as possible and we have also had feedback from dance crews who have found the age requirements limit their ability to showcase their best dancers in one team.
A crew member may not compete in more than one (1) crew for the ABDC competition.
Registration Fee & Inclusions
1. A school registration fee of $205 is required by the school (not the students) to secure your place in the ABDC Competition.
2. Your School registration also includes the full set of High Resolution photos and video of your performance on a USB (normally valued at $370.00)
3. The $205 registration fee is non-refundable
Competition Fees & Inclusions
Entry fee for each crew member is $200. This includes:
1. The full pass includes entry to the workshops on Fri - Sun (25th - 27th Sept 2020) as well as entry to the shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
2. Your performance will also be uploaded on to YouTube and we will send you a high resolution digital video recording of your performance which you can use for your own promotional purposes. Please note that we have no control of whether YouTube mutes the videos due to copyright issues.
We believe that every Australian dancer should strive to constantly improve and learn, and we want all the competitors in "Australia's Best Dance Crew" to embrace this philosophy which is why we want to encourage all competitors to take part in the amazing workshops over the Festival weekend.
All entry fees must be paid in full to confirm your right to compete in Australia’s Best Dance Crew.
• Your performance will be seen by an audience including young children, and your choice of costume should be appropriate.
• Clothing too short and/or too tight will be scrutinized and may be deemed inappropriate especially for overexposure of certain areas of the body and/or age appropriateness.
• Removing pieces of clothing during the performance is permitted provided it is not offensive or out of character.
• Props are allowed as a part of your performance, however, as we have time limitations during the competition, you must be able to set up the props and take them off stage within a 30 second time frame (30 seconds to get on, 30 seconds to get off)
• The competition stage is 16.8 meters wide by 9 meters deep.
• The stage is 4 feet high.
• During your performance, the name of your team will be displayed on a 16ft x 9ft screen which will hang approximately 3 meters above the stage.
• Each crew will be given the opportunity to mark out the stage on Friday 25th September between 4.00pm – 5.45pm
• Due to time constraints, each crew will only be given 2 minutes
• The crew is responsible for coming to the practice round on time or it may be forfeited.
Technical Equipment/Sound and Lighting
• The audio/visual equipment for the competition is supplied by our sponsors Innovative Production Services
• As this is a competition, there will be no special effects etc. Lighting will be at the discretion of the Innovative Production Services.
Performance Music Requirements
1. The routine must be performed, in its entirety, to music selected and prepared by the crews. The music must not contain ANY offensive language.
2. Music length: The length of recorded music for all crew is four minutes thirty seconds (4:30)
3. Crews must hand in their music on a USB stick (with the music file labeled as the name of your Performance Team) on Friday 25th September 2020 before 3.30pm. You should hand in your USB stick at the Group Bookings desk when you are picking up your wristbands for your team.
• Crews must arrive and be completely ready (with costumes, make-up, etc.) to compete by 7.00pm on Friday 24th September.
• Team leaders must check in with ADF staff by 7.00pm on Friday 24th September.
• Performance order will be determined by a random drawing conducted by the event organizer.
• You will be informed of the performance order by 5.00pm on Friday 24th September
• Finalists will perform on Sunday 26th September
Bad sportsmanship will not be tolerated by anyone at this festival; every crew will be made responsible for all representing students, teachers, staff & parents behavior while performing & attending this festival.
1. It is the responsibility of the crew, coach or crew administrator to report a crew member’s injury or illness to the event organizer(s).
2. If at any time prior to or during the competition a crew member is ill, injured, or his/her physical or emotional condition is at risk by participating, he/she may be declared ineligible to compete, or disqualified from competing further. The competition organizer(s) reserves the right to withdraw any competitor who appears to have such serious disability, injury or needs medical attention.
3. The competition organizer(s) reserves the right to request the submittal of a physician’s written authorization for a crew member to compete whom are deemed medically or emotionally at risk by the competition organizer.
All crews must provide evidence of the following current insurance to the organizers with their registration and/or sign the waiver below.
• Public Liability Insurance to an amount of no less than $10,000,000
• Insurance adequate to indemnify the performers against loss or damage to your own property and, that of your employees and your subcontractors.
• Insurance adequate to indemnify The Australian Dance Festival against any injury caused to any of the team’s performers as a result of the performance.
I agree that:
1. Any repairs or excessive cleaning to equipment, property or facilities belonging to either The Australian Dance Festival or the venue management caused by a direct or indirect result of our performance will incur fees for which our performance team will be liable.
2. The Australian Dance Festival is not responsible for any goods or materials or belongings of our team or any associated individuals, while on premises controlled and/or operated by The Australian Dance Festival and will not be liable for any loss or damage, injury, death, cost or expense caused to any person or property used by the performers as part of the performance or brought by the performers or any person associated with the performance to premises controlled or operated by The Australian Dance Festival or the venue.
3. The performers indemnify The Australian Dance Festival management against all loss or damage to the principal’s property and from and against any claim, demand action suit or proceeding that may be made or brought by any person against the Principal, or any employee, contractor or agent of the principal in respect of personal injury to or death of any person or loss of or damage to any property whatsoever arising out of or as a result of the performance
I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions set out above
Your Full Name
Address (Can not be a PO Box)
Team Name / Name of School
Style of Dance
Estimated Number of Team / Crew Members
Note: Minimum of 12. Maximum of 40
I have paid the ABDC Team Registration fee of $205 to reserve my spot in the competition
Account Name: Australian Dance Festival. BSB: 062 246. Account No: 1029 9452. Please input your Team/ School Name so that we can trace your payment.
Yes (Please note that spots are allocated based on who has paid first)
No not yet (Your spot is not reserved until the payment has been made)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service