We are gathering as much data as possible about the interest in the upcoming season (Sep. 2023-Dec 2023).
Please fill out the form below so we can provide better and more relevant information for the meeting.
Below is a list of some information to be aware of:
- The participation fee for the upcoming season will be $200.
(Costs for building a robot and attending competitions run anywhere between $3,000 to $4500 per season, per team)
- The school participation fee is $30.00; this is not a sports activity fee. If the student participates in other activities like Science Olympiad, Honor Society, and Student Council, you make one payment for all the activities.
- Students are expected to participate in meetings for 5 - 8 hours a week from early September through early December. Meetings can extend into 2024 if the team makes it to the regional, state, or world competitions. There are also regular community outreach activities. These activities take approx. 6 hours a month.
-While STEM skills are a part of the season, public speaking skills are also crucial. If you think there is no way your student could stand up with their teammates to present and speak at a competition, we should discuss this further. We will coach public speaking very heavily during the season as well.
- Parent mentoring is vital to a successful team, so if you can volunteer as a mentor, please indicate that in the questionnaire. You DO NOT have to be technical to mentor.
- The 2023-2034 season schedule still needs to be decided.
- If you want to know more about FTC (First Technical Challenge), please check out this link: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/ftc
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
CMS Techno Toasters #10164https://www.facebook.com/TechnoToastersTeam10164technotoasters.com