Iridescent's Technovation Challenge Program is an evening course that brings together teams of high school girls and pairs them with female mentors, outstanding classroom teachers, and cutting edge technology. Students learn entrepreneurial skills and mobile app programming concepts via Google App Inventor for Android. Each team creates a mobile app prototype, business plan, marketing strategy, and funding pitch for their app. The program culminates at "Pitch Night" where students demo their apps and present their business plans to venture capitalists, competing to win prizes including professional app development and distribution on the Google Marketplace. Learn more at www.technovationchallenge.org or watch our latest video: bit.ly/TCvideo2011.
<strong> Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:</strong>
• Attend a training session in January 2012
• Mentor a group of 5-10 students at their school site once per week for 1-2 hours for 10 weeks, Feb.-Apr. 2012
• Support students as they create a mobile app concept and develop a prototype and business plan
• Give girls insight into what it's like to be a female undergraduate computer science student
• Attend pitch night in April and cheer your team on as they pitch their app ideas to venture capitalists
To apply, please fill out the form below. We will review all applications on a rolling basis, and space is limited, so please sign-up today!
<strong>Note:</strong> If we can recruit 5+ applicants from your site, we can pair you up with another volunteer to do your school visits with. Please help us share this opportunity with your friends and classmates: bit.ly/technovationTA12
<strong>EXTENDED deadline to apply: January 15th, 2012</strong>