Technical Sales Consultant
At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
BS/BA in Biology or related field
We are seeking a Technical Sales Consultant to work alongside our molecular biologists, software engineers, and visionary technologists in a dynamic environment. You will participate in the daily activities of the Sales & Marketing team: listening to partners, clients, and prospects to creatively troubleshoot and solve their unique challenges. When appropriate, you will help configure and deploy the Biomeme product & service solutions to address clients' real-world problems. You will be part of the Biomeme internal team, whose primary focus is to identify, develop, and implement the right-size solutions for our clients’ novel use-cases. Also, you will take the lead to prospect potential customers, guide them through the Biomeme sales process, and convert these relationships into long-standing partnerships.
- BS/BA degree in Biology or a related discipline
- 2-5 years of experience as a full-time researcher, lab technician, or similar
- Strong technical background
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Experience composing presentations and presenting results to a public audience
- Understanding of, and experience with Molecular Biology and real-time PCR
- Prospect potential customers who enter the Biomeme sales process vis-a-vis website inquiries, trade-show leads, industry seminars, cold-calls, etc.
- Qualify potential customers for mutual fit to determine long-term collaboration opportunities
- Work with potential customers throughout the designing, planning, ordering, deployment, and usage stages of their projects
- Use existing sales & marketing tools, and help to build new assets as needed to achieve these goals
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure that all prospects and clients have a positive and rewarding experience with Biomeme and our technology
- Act as a liaison between Sales & Marketing and Biology, Engineering, and Software teams
- Contribute to problem-solving and designing solutions for our clients
- Effectively use and scale all relevant CRM, sales, and marketing tools to aid in client acquisition and retention
- Lead Biomeme responses to client requests for proposals and contract submissions
- Lead company activities around Account Management for existing customers and clients
- Passion to use biotechnology to solve real-life problems
- Good listening skills
- Confident in asking insightful questions
- Keen intellect and a strong desire to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Self-assured in your technical abilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Video Cover Letter
Please shoot a short video introducing yourself, tell us what you do now and why you are excited about becoming a part of the Biomeme team.
Use your smartphone or webcam - we aren't looking for polished video's but simply an introduction, be yourself! By short we mean 1-2 min. Upload your video to youtube or vimeo as an unlisted video and share the link with us.
Please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume
Please answer the following question.
In one or two sentences, please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was an interesting project, preferably outside of work or school, that you created?
Include links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.