Yoga for the People @ Dally in the Alley 2022 Liability Waiver & Release
Participation in the Yoga for the People Event is contingent upon electronically signing this waiver of liability prior to the start of the class (11:45am on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022). Please read below.
Release And Waiver Of Liability: Yoga for the People @ Dally in the Alley 2022 Event
I, the undersigned, hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in a yoga class (“Activity”) offered by NCCU and Dally in the Alley and facilitated by Detroit Community Yoga (Cindy Spires), Yaktown Yoga (Elizabeth Crenshaw), and Earth & Ether Art (Chelsea Hensbergen). I recognize that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activity. I understand that the Activity may require moderate or intense physical exertion, that the Activity will be taking place outdoors in unpredictable weather (including in extreme heat and in full sun exposure), and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activity. I understand that NCCU, Dally in the Alley, Detroit Community Yoga, Yaktown Yoga, Earth & Ether Art or any of their respective collaborators, representatives or assigns reserve the right to refuse my participation in the Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
2. I recognize that the Activity may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activity. If I am signing on behalf of a minor child/children, I have consulted with their physician(s) before beginning the Activity. In those cases, I have taken medical advice, and my participation in the Activity is my personal choice. If I am signing on behalf of a minor child, I recognize that the child is participating freely of his/her/their own choice. I understand my physical limitations, and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in the Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury. If I am signing on behalf of a minor child/children, I will listen to his/her/their wishes with regard to stopping or modifying the Activity.
3. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activity, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activity, including those which may result from the negligence of the event’s organizers, representatives, teachers, musicians, and fiduciaries; this includes risk for COVID-19 community-based transmission while participating in the Activity.
4. I assert that I am not currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and if I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days, I have followed CDC and MDHHS guidelines for isolation, quarantine, and testing, and I am not knowingly spreading COVID-19 during the Activity.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activity, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against NCCU, Dally in the Alley,, Detroit Community Yoga (Cindy Spires), Yaktown Yoga (Elizabeth Crenshaw), and Earth & Ether Art (Chelsea Hensbergen), including but not limited to their executive directors, board members, owners, managers, teachers, instructors, workshop presenters or co-presenters, musical collaborators, employees, independent contractors and staff (each, a “Released Party”) as a result of participating in the Activity even if the Claim arises from the negligence of any Released Party.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of any Released Party. “Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in the Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Party as a result of the Activity.
7. I hereby understand that NCCU, Dally in the Alley, Detroit Community Yoga, Yaktown Yoga, Earth & Ether Art, and their representatives and assigns, or other event-related organizers and collaborators, may photograph or video record the Activity and place such photographs and videos on their websites or social media platforms, in advertisements, or to be presented in other ways to the public. I hereby consent to the use of my image (and the images of any minors in attendance with me, if applicable) which may be used by the Activity’s organizers and representatives in perpetuity, worldwide, and without monetary compensation to me (or any minors in attendance with me, if applicable).
8. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Michigan and that all actions, suits, claims and proceedings relating to this agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Michigan. In case any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision of this agreement, and this agreement shall be construed as if such provision had never been contained herein.
9. I acknowledge that I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I understand that participation in the Activity is contingent upon me signing this waiver of liability. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am giving up certain rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.
10. I acknowledge that if I am signing on behalf of a minor child (age 17 or under), I assume all risk on behalf of the minor(s) listed, and all statements contained within this waiver apply to the minor(s) who I am directly and legally responsible for supervising while they are participating in the Activity.