Welcome to our Fearless After School Group for self-identified girls and gender diverse youth aged 13-16 years old! This group has been made with the intention of creating a space, with a feminist-perspective, where you can strengthened your self-confidence and character, while creating meaningful and caring connections. The key aspect of the group is CURIOSITY “Discovery through Curiosity”! We are here to ask questions, have fun and create a space that is yours!
What can you expect?
- We will meet every Tuesday from 4 to 5:30 pm at the North Shore Women’s Centre. If you need to arrive earlier, no problem! Doors open at 3:30 pm.
- In our first session of the month, we will brainstorm the different topics you would like to talk about! This means that you will be the one deciding what you want to talk about each month. This could be: Therapeutic Photography, Girls Empowerment and Cinema, Navigating High School... the list is endless! The rest of the month, we will work on the selected topic through arts and crafts, workshops (yoga, meditation, self-defence, embroidery...) video making, collages, volunteering, guest speakers, an out trip, and more!
- The group will also offer optional leadership and volunteering opportunities!
- Snacks, ofc! And new friends :)
- The group will be guided by Maria, previous Fearless Summer Camp 2022 Facilitator
We are located on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
We would like to thank Emily Booker, for starting this amazing project in 2021!
If you want to learn more about the Women’s Centre you can check our website here: https://www.northshorewomen.ca
If you or your guardians would like to schedule a call to learn more about the group or ask any questions, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org