This past year, we have seen some amazing wins for our community members in Durham:
- Supported the implementation of Community Schools within 4 of our elementary schools
- Conducted our Educator Satisfaction Survey that reached over 1800 of our co-workers across job title, gender, race, and tenure and identified our priorities
- Won the support of District Administration for the priorities identified in the Educator Satisfaction Survey:
- Pay raises that respects veteran teachers
- The reorganization of the Superintendent’s Teacher Advisory Committee to include representation across job titles in order to address working condition concerns and problem solve the remaining priorities:
- Respect for our time (duty-free lunch, protected planning time, and before/after school demands)
- High-quality professional development that we, as educators, don’t have to pay for
- Support for dealing with challenging behaviors
- Led the state and supported other districts in the May 1 Day of Action
If we want to get the most out of the reorganized STAC (now Superintendent’s Staff & Teacher Advisory Council - SSTAC) and poise ourselves to be ready to lead the rest of the state as we build the strongest organization in North Carolina, we need to orient everyone to the fall campaign!
Join us on one of the dates below!
***FOOD & CHILDCARE PROVIDED***
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org