Hit the Ground Running in Durham
This past year, we have seen some amazing wins for our community members in Durham:
- Supported the implementation of Community Schools within 4 of our elementary schools
- Conducted our Educator Satisfaction Survey that reached over 1800 of our co-workers across job title, gender, race, and tenure and identified our priorities
- Won the support of District Administration for the priorities identified in the Educator Satisfaction Survey:
- Pay raises that respects veteran teachers
- The reorganization of the Superintendent’s Teacher Advisory Committee to include representation across job titles in order to address working condition concerns and problem solve the remaining priorities:
- Respect for our time (duty-free lunch, protected planning time, and before/after school demands)
- High-quality professional development that we, as educators, don’t have to pay for
- Support for dealing with challenging behaviors
- Led the state and supported other districts in the May 1 Day of Action
If we want to get the most out of the reorganized STAC (now Superintendent’s Staff & Teacher Advisory Council - SSTAC) and poise ourselves to be ready to lead the rest of the state as we build the strongest organization in North Carolina, we need to orient everyone to the fall campaign!
Join us on one of the dates below!
***FOOD & CHILDCARE PROVIDED***
Which training dates will you attend?
Friday, August 9th, 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday, August 10th, 9 am to 5 pm
I am not able to attend either set of dates but I would like to be on the contact list for future events/No puedo asistir a ninguna de las fechas, pero me gustaría estar en la lista de contactos para futuros eventos.
Name of school or DPS department
Will you need childcare?
If yes, how many children and what ages are they?
Please list any food allergies or restrictions
Is there anything else you would like us to know?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service