This person establishes a technical vision for the iOS development team and leads the design, development and maintenance of iPhone applications for our clients. This person is also responsible for building strategic client relationships and ensuring project are executed and delivered in a way that meets the customer's needs and expectations.
We are also looking for someone who can take an active role in discipling our staff and interns. Previous work experience is important but we are open to training and working with this individual if we feel that they have the right heart and personality fit for our company.
Learn more about our story and how we got into BAM: http://businessasmission.com/software-development-vietnam/
====Duties and Responsibilities====
- Lead the development team in implementing project designs, standards and processes while ensuring high quality code is delivered and client satisfaction is met
- Provide technical leadership for enterprise-level Open Source information technology efforts. Define application architecture, evaluate application stacks and integration options, set standards for system architecture, design documentation, code review and traceability.
- Participate in meetings with both technology and business teams to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements. Work closely with business analysts, subject matter experts and development teams in design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Develop strategic plans and roadmaps for the client based on budget and business drivers and identify new business opportunities. Manage vendor relationships on behalf of the client to ensure technology goals are met.
- Assist in development and maintenance of technical standards for the company and ensure all technology processes are understood and implemented
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation and continually apply technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems.
- Act as a subject matter and industry expert, and actively teach and mentor the team. Participate in creating an on-going thriving community of social welfare and justice within the office, as well as into the greater business community to meet real needs.
- Take part in hiring new staff by participating in the recruiting, interviewing and selecting of candidates. Perform performance evaluation; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Take part in industry events - possibly even speaking at these events; establishing personal connection with other IT executives; participating in the local IT industry network.
- Grow the company’s presence and relationship with the university; participate in university events; possibly teaching if the opportunity arises.
- Collaborate with the Management team to evaluate, analyse and ultimately improve how our business operates and has an eternal impact on our interns and staff.
- At least 5 years of experience designing web and mobile applications. Strong experience with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- At least 1+ years experience managing a team or project
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance & memory tuning with tools (such as Instruments,Shark, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail
- Good English communication skills - both verbal and written
- Passion for technology, a willingness to learn and a good attitude
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, analytical and problem solving skills and a great attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills