1. The student agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, attendance policies, and codes of conduct set down by the Marauder Marching Band, Mr. Brockington, Carlson High School and the Gibraltar School District.
2. Non – refundable deposit of $125.00 must be returned by May 30th , 2019. The deposit will be credited towards the total financial responsibility of $475.
3. Total Financial Responsibilities per student of $475 will be due on July 29, 2019. This money can be raised through fundraising or paid in cash. Special arrangements can be made in advance if there are any problems paying this agreement. Note there are additional costs for shoes, gloves, Etc. See additional costs sheet.
4. Band camp will be held August 4th — August 10, 2019. Band camp is Mandatory.
5. If the student band member is forced to drop out of the Marching Band, this agreement will be void. However if the student goes to camp and then drops out there will be no refunds.
By: ___David M.Brockington______________Carlson High School Marauder Marching Band Director
Marching band is a group activity that depends on the participation of all who are involved. The values of cooperation, communication, concentration, and competition come into play at each rehearsal and performance. Unlike most athletic extracurricular activities, everyone in the band plays an important part. At no time during the rehearsals or performances is a person left serving as an alternate or a substitute. The absence of a student from a rehearsal or performance not only affects the student’s ability to perform his or her duties required but also impedes the progress of the rest of the group.
The staff of the Marauder Marching Band strongly felt that if students are to receive the very best education possible STUDENTS MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE TO ALL REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES. In order for this to occur the following attendance rules are in effect: 1. Students must attend Band Camp. NO EXCEPTIONS! 2. Students are allowed 4 absences during marching band season. (4 absences = 1 week of practice) After 4 absences a students place in the ensemble will be reevaluated. 3. Whenever a student is to be absent from a rehearsal, VERBAL and WRITTEN approval must be obtained by a parent no later than 1 week in advance of the absence. Approval must be obtained from Mr. Brockington. 4. Students missing a performance without prior written approval will be removed from the ensemble. 5. Work is not considered a valid excuse.
*NoteThe staff of the Marauder Marching Band does not hold this activity above all other school related activities in which the student may be involved. Every effort will be made to reach an agreement or compromise between Marching Band and any other school related activity. PLEASE NOTIFY THE BAND DIRECTOR IN ADVANCE IF THERE IS A CONFLICT. So the problem can be resolved.
-Uniforms must remain at the school unless otherwise directed by Mr. Brockington. -When uniforms are signed out to a student,the student agrees to keep the assigned parts in good condition.-The student is responsible to keep track of their assigned uniforms for the entire season.-At end of the season, the student will return the assigned uniforms. -Any issues with the uniform -- such as a tear or zipper break, etc, -- must be reported to Mr. Brockington or one of uniform parents immediately.
Uniform fees for Lost or damaged parts. -- The fees are based on whether it’s a tear, repair, or an issue that causes us to replace the item(ie: wrong assigned part returned and correct part isn’t found).
Jackets: $25 - $200 Pants: $25 - $100 Shakos: $25 - $50
(I understand that if, during the season, the uniform is spilled on or soiled for whatever reason I am responsible for taking the uniform to Haventown cleaners and pay to have it cleaned prior to the next performance)
By Signing below you understand and agree to those policies.