Piscataway Stories Community Survey
If you have any questions or concerns about this survey or about the "Piscataway Stories" project, please contact Kate Baker at
In an effort to ensure that Piscataway Public Library's collections, programs, and services reflect the rich diversity of the Piscataway community, the Library has initiated “Piscataway Stories: An Inclusive History Project.”
To help us preserve local knowledge and cultural heritage, please answer the following questions:
1. Outside of your home, where do you feel most connected to your community? Check all that apply.
House of Worship
Social/Hobby/Sports Clubs, other Membership Organizations
2. Which of these elements of the Piscataway Public Library help community members to learn about other cultures in the community? Check all that apply.
Books and other Library materials
Local History collection
Information on community events
Multicultural programs (dance, music, cooking, poetry, drama, etc.)
Interactive displays and exhibits
Family programs (Diwali for Kids, Chinese New Year for Kids, etc.)
Lectures and panel discussions
3. Have you explored the Local History collections at Piscataway Public Library?
Aware of it, but have not used it
Not aware of it
4. In what way have you contributed to Piscataway and its history? Check all that apply.
Generations of family members
Awards and recognition
Holidays and festivals
Social or community organizations
5. How would you like to learn about Piscataway, its history, and its diverse community? Check all that apply.
View a poster/information display
View a display of art
View a display of photographs and/or artifacts
View a digital exhibit/display at the Library
View a digital exhibit/display on a website
Watch a video at the Library
Watch a video on YouTube
Visit the local history room at the Library
Research your family history
Learn more about the community
Visit a local historical site (Metlar-Bodine House, East Jersey Olde Towne)
6. How could you contribute to a local history collection? Check all that apply.
Donate documents or records
Loan photographs or documents for digitization
Share my story through a written document
Share my story through an interview for a personal history
Speak at a public program
Provide ongoing support as a resource person
No contributions at this time
7. If you would like to be contacted in the future about a contribution for the local history collection, please provide your name, phone number and email address below, or directly contact Kate Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Please include any additional thoughts to support the development of library collections, programs, and services to better reflect Piscataway’s diverse community.
9. Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this project? If so, please provide their name and contact information.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Piscatawaylibrary.org.