MZG Weekend Online-Offline Zazenkai with Subhana Barzaghi Roshi
With Wayne Rankin, apprentice teacher, assisting.
Saturday 18 September to Sunday 19 September
Saturday - 9am to 5pm
Sunday - 9am to 5pm
You will need an Internet connection and a device that can connect to zoom video calls (computer, tablet, smartphone) in order to participate in this zazenkai.
The weekend includes -
- daily anchoring periods of group online sitting - by zoom
- dokusan (private meeting with teacher about Zen practice) - by zoom or phone
- Dharma talk on Saturday and Sunday - by zoom
- private periods of offline sitting and walking practice
Full details of the weekend schedule will be sent out to attendees a week before the zazenkai along with recommendations on how to prepare for and maintain private periods of offline practice.
Enquiries: Stephen at
Place Availability - NOW FULL
Please fill out the form and you will be placed on a waiting list.
Places are limited, and priority will be given to full-weekend bookings.
Single-day bookings may be available - but may not be confirmed until Sunday 29 August. You can use this form to register interest should single-day places become available.
Fees and Dana
The fee for this weekend is on a sliding scale from $45 to $200, please pay what you feel comfortable paying.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact Stephen at
to discuss options.
Our online-zazenkai fees go towards a Melbourne Zen Group honorarium for Subhana. The honorarium is a form of dana that acknowledges our gratitude for Subhana's generous group teaching.
During the zazenkai, Subhana and Wayne will also offer participants the gift of personal dokusan. Participants will be invited at the end of the weekend to complete the circle of mutual generosity by offering Subhana and Wayne personal dana.
Your booking cannot be confirmed until the MZG receives all of the fee you have chosen to pay.
EFT payment is preferred.
Cash and Cheque payment are by prior arrangement only.
Please use the payment reference "Sept-Your Surname".
Melbourne Zen Group
Date payment made
If this is a part-payment, what will be the total fee you will be paying?
Do you have experience sitting with the Melbourne Zen Group?
Group ritual is an important part of our shared Zen practice. If you don't have experience sitting with either the Melbourne Zen Group or with another Diamond Sanhga Zen group, we will contact you prior to the zazenkai to arrange a brief online orientation to our practice.
If you don't have experience sitting with the MZG - what is your previous meditation and retreat experience?
Do you have any condition, restrictions, or difficulties that may affect your participation in weekend, and which you need to discuss, confidentially with the teacher, or with the organiser, prior to the weekend?
Is there anything else you think we need to know, or that you would like to discuss with the organiser?
Terms & Conditions
- The MZG takes your submission of this form as confirmation that you have notified the organiser of any medical, physical, personal, or psychological difficulties and/or restrictions you have which may affect your participation in this meditation weekend.
- Your booking will not be confirmed until the MZG receives full payment of your fee.
- Payment may not be refunded if you cancel your booking after Wednesday 15 September 2021.
- The MZG reserves the right to cancel the zazenkai due to unforeseen circumstances. If the zazenkai is cancelled, all payments will be refunded.
I understand and agree to the above terms and conditions
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service