Discover neighborhood originals just around The Corner!
Cleveland is home for many extraordinary artists and entrepreneurs who live in our neighborhoods. The Corner in the Van Aken Market Hall provides an intimate venue to showcase your original products and assist in turning your creative passions into a successful business.
Do you want to be a part of a new retail shop located in the vibrant Van Aken Market Hall in Shaker Heights?
We are currently accepting applications for makers who want to commit to selling their creations in The Corner for 30, 60 and or 90 day time spans.
Benefits for you:
- Visibility of your products in a unique retail environment
- Experience running a retail shop with minimum commitment.
- Showcase your products with other entrepreneurs/artist in a community setting.
- Interact directly with customers to receive feedback on your creations.
- Demonstrate / show / talk about how your product is created with opportunity to do so within The Van Aken Market Hall
- Learn basic retail store operations with hands on experience for - inventory management, selling, merchandising, communications, teamwork.
- Van Aken and Shop Shaker will amplify your social media messages in thier social media strategies.
- Product exposure 7 days a week as opposed to the occasional Saturday or Sunday market.
- Turn your hard work and passion into income!
Included in your participation:
- A community of creative individuals like you!
- Be a part of the growing momentum within the Van Aken District and participate in regular events with community participation.
- A Mobile app to communicate with other makers who are selling in The Corner - a quick and easy way for you to answer questions about your products when you are not present.
- Access to business mentors from the Ohio Small Business Development Center at the Urban League of Greater Cleveland
- POS to capture sales data.
- Sales Reporting
- Sales taxes will be paid by The Corner
- Lighting to showcase your creations
- Gift bags for customer purchases
- Climate controlled environment
There are 5 different display options to showcase your products in The Corner. Depending on the type of product you make, there is an option perfect to optimize your visual appeal of your product and maximize sales opportunities.
1) Wall unit 2' wide and 7' Tall (shelves and lighting provided)
2) Wall unit 2' wide and 3' Tall - this option will be the top ½ or bottom ½ of the wall sections.
3) The Corner will have a rolling island to be used as a cash/wrap station with three sides. The rolling island has individual shelves for smaller type products such as confections.
4) There are a limited number of individual shelves available on the wall units
5) The rotating card rack offers 4 individual sections.
- Rent a space month to month. Timeframe of commitment will vary based upon agreed upon cadence between tenant and The Corner
- We believe your participation, by being present in The Corner as the host for at minimum 8hours each month, will be of great benefit to the sales of your product. This gives you the opportunity to share your story and products with guests throughout the day. Create interactive experiences and or demonstrations to initiate emotional connections between your products and the consumer. You will also be an advocate for the other artists in The Corner. Store hours are 10-6 M-Sa and 10-5 on Sunday.
- The 8 hour requirement can be split up into two (4 hour) shifts.
- Provide social media content for The Corner 1-2 days per month featuring you and your product.
- % of sales will go to management of The Corner similar to a consignment business model
- There will be a $100 fee if you are unable to host the store for 8 hours each month to ensure store hours remain consistent. This staffing model also helps to keep the monthly rent fees low for all Makers.
- The fee option should only be used if needed, priority will be given to Makers who are able to host during the month.
- Optional opportunity to host events in the Van Aken Market Hall doing make and take, demonstrations, classes, etc....
- $100/month for full 7' wall section ($3.33 per day!)
- $50/month for ½ 7' wall section
- $15/month for a shelf within the wall units
- $36/month for a vertical section on the rolling Island
- $12/month for a shelf on the rolling island
- $15/month for one side of the rotating card rack
- 30% of sales - you keep 70%!