2020 Comm Arts Alumni Award
Dear LAU Communication Arts Community,
The Department of Communication Arts at LAU and the Alumni Relations Office, have the pleasure to call for nominations to the 2020 Communication Arts Alumni Award.
In line with the Department of Communication Art's new strategic direction, which is encapsulated in our motto #ReinventCommunication, and as 2020 coincides with the department's 50th anniversary, the theme of this year's award focuses on the 'Next 50 Years of Communication Arts.'
Therefore, the 2020 Communication Arts Alumni Award will recognize an alumna or alumnus whose work is pioneering and innovative in the various fields of communication and whose life reflects the spirit of LAU’s motto: “To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”
The Communication Arts Alumni Award aims to recognize innovative accomplishments, works, or activities that have contributed to improving the profession, art and/or science of communication--broadly conceived, and to honor an LAU Communication Arts graduate who has created, implemented, pioneered, or advocated for such innovations. The Communication Arts Alumni Award provides a venue for showcasing the accomplishments of our graduates and confirms the Department of Communication Art’s commitment to its students and graduates and its pride in their achievements and pursuits.
Application Process and Rules for 2020:
1. Any LAU Communication Arts faculty, student or alumna/alumnus may nominate an LAU communication arts alumna or alumnus by filling the online form below by the deadline of January 15, 2020.
2. The nominee should have completed any degree in communication arts at LAU, since the program’s inception in 1970.
3. The nominee’s career and work should reflect a pioneering and innovative approach in dealing with problems or issues related to the various professions, art forms, and/or scientific pursuits within the communication arts.
4. A committee of faculty and staff from the communication arts department and the LAU Alumni Relations Office will review and select a winner based on this year’s theme.
5. The winner will be formally announced and the award presented during the closing ceremony of Festival NEXT at LAU Beirut campus (tentatively scheduled for the evening of Friday April 3, 2020).
Nominate a communication arts alumna today!
For any questions, please email or call:
Alumni Relations Office
+961-1-786456 Ext. 1136 or 1341
Please provide us with your information
Name (First and Last)
a current Communication Arts student at LAU
a current Communication Arts faculty or staff at LAU
an LAU Communication Arts graduate/alumnus/alumna
Your Mobile Phone
Please provide information about the person you are nominating. Please remember that the award for this year is will recognize a pioneering alumna or alumnus whose work demonstrates significant innovations in the various fields of communication and whose life reflects the spirit of LAU’s motto “To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”
Nominee's name (First, Last)
Nominee's mobile phone (if available)
Nominee's email (if you available)
Nominee's graduation year (if you know it)
Why should this nominee be considered for this award?
What pioneering and innovative practices, works, projects, activities or initiative has she/he accomplished?
List at least three of the Nominee’s top professional/career and/or scientific/artistic and/or community achievements:
In what ways are the nominee's achievements innovative, and how do her accomplishments embody the Department of Communication Arts' motto: #ReinventCommunication
In what way does the nominee's life reflect the spirit of LAU’s motto: “To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield”
Please list any resources, links or references that may help the committee assess the nominee's accomplishments and work.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service