The deadline for submitting an abstract is Tuesday, December 13th. Abstracts must be submitted using this Google Form.
Our 2017 summit will focus on the theme of "Just Add Bikes: The role of cycling in urban mobility and community building". We are looking for presentations that address the following themes:
1. How Did You Do That? Advocacy Best Practices(ex. successful advocacy initiatives for adding bikes, working with local champions, linking cycling with broader municipal goals)
2. Great Places Include Bikes(ex. revitalization of public spaces that include cycling, examples of cycling contributing to the development of great spaces and communities, partnering with developers to add bikes)
3. We've Got Legislation, Now What?(ex. innovative approaches to enforcing provincial legislation, engaging with law enforcement)
4. Bikes Bring People Together - Emerging Partnerships(ex. non-traditional partners who have come to the table, seeking different funding sources, how cycling can be incorporated to help achieve multiple goals)
5. Complete Streets - Best Practices for Adding Bikes(ex. accommodating cycling through complete streets design, examples of Complete Streets policies and implementation, Complete Streets in smaller communities)
Please note that the examples provided under each theme above are guidance only and are not meant to restrict submissions specifically to those topics.
If your presentation is chosen for the summit, you will be notified via email and will be eligible for a discounted speaker registration fee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.