Thank you very much for your interest in attending "Understanding the Neurological Basis of Myofunctional Therapy" - with Dr. Yue Weng Cheu from 2nd - 3rd August 2018 (Thursday - Friday) in Singapore.
The School of Linguadontics takes an integrative approach and seeks to address the root cause of problems. Tracing the origins of function and neurology of the stomatognathic system, we learn to appreciate the abundance of resources made available to it for a ‘simple' act of breastfeeding. The coordination of the cranial nerves and other important innervations facilitate the harmonious yet effective operations of many muscles to aid the innate suck-swallow-breathe and rooting reflexes to help babies feed. The rise of the tongue signifies the myofunctional habituation to ensure good oral growth and development, postural alignment, gastrointestinal health, neurological balances and much more. The scope is wide but relevant to the profession of dentistry and the lecture will explore deep and wide into this path less taken - a tongue-centric, airway focused and myofunctional approach to health management.
The tongue's core functions and its influence on overall health.
- Overview of the tongue and its function
- The Importance of Myofunctional Training and rehabilitation of the
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of Malocclusion
- The Myobrace and Myomunchee Systems
- Case Studies
Understanding Cranial Nerves and their relation to Dentistry. Why TMD is a misnomer.
- Appreciate the rich neural resources allocated to the stomatognathic
system from birth
- Identify the role of neural innervations on the craniofacial areas and
the related functions
- Making sense of the musculoskeletal signs and symptoms in TMD
- Relate TMD to the real sources of problem and understand strategies to
improve the conditions
Examination and Diagnosis
- Myofunctional evaluation form
- Basic screening clinical photo series
Treatment planning & Treatment Options
- Cases discussion ranging from children to adults
- Integrative approach to managing cases across all the age range
1. Appreciate the neurology that affect our oral functions right from birth.
Understand how breastfeeding’s neural controls have long term and
future implication to dental conditions.
2. Learn to recognize and treatment plan for simple myofunctional cases and
to apply knowledge for daily dental management.
3. Understand the importance of myofunctional therapy for TMD treatment.
Observe the importance of tongue training from infants to geriatric patients.
The Linguadontics Clinic
9 Scotts Road #07-01 Scotts Medical Center at Pacific Plaza Singapore 228210
Doctor Regular SGD2,675
Doctor Early Bird Rate SGD2,514.50 (Till 4th June 2018 only)
Doctor Group Rate SGD2,354 (group of 3 and above)
Auxiliary Rate SGD856
PROGRESSIVE PRACTICE CANCELLATION - Lecture
Should PROGRESSIVE PRACTICE CANCEL the course due to an unforeseen emergency (e.g. severe illness or security problems), participants will be offered a 100% refund or an alternative future course date. Refunds will be made via the same payment method used to make the initial transaction.
PARTICIPANT CANCELLATION - Lecture
If cancellation occurs up to 3 months prior to the course, 75% of the money paid up to that date will be refunded.
If cancellation occurs up to 2 months prior to the course, 50% of the money paid up to that date will be refunded.
If cancellation occurs up to 1 month prior to the course, 25% of the money paid up to that date will be refunded.
If cancellation occurs less than 1 month prior to the course, there shall be NO REFUND OF THE AMOUNT PAID.
PROGRESSIVE PRACTICE is not responsible for refunding course fees, airfare fees or hotel reservations or private expenses. For overseas travelers, it is strongly recommended that applications for visas be submitted to the relevant authorities in due time for processing and it is the participants sole responsibility to inquire about deadlines for applications, document requirements, expiration dates and countries that are exempted.
For registration purposes, please kindly complete the following form.
Thank you and we look forward to meet you on 2nd August 2018.
Progressive Practice Team
Facebook: Progressive Practice