As with the revised translation of the Roman Missal, the Church continues to revise the translations of its various rites. The next ritual that has been completed is the Order of Celebrating Matrimony, formerly called the Rite of Marriage.
If you're a liturgist, music coordinator, wedding coordinator, priest, or deacon, you will want to know how the changes in this new ritual will affect your planning of the wedding liturgy and how you prepare engaged couples for their Catholic wedding. This workshop will give you:
- basic information on what has changed and what hasn't changed in the rite
- deeper understanding of the meaning of the wedding ritual and actions
- best practices for preparing engaged couples and their families and friends to participate fully in the rite
- suggestions for liturgical music for Catholic weddings
- guidelines for what not to do at a Catholic wedding
This free workshop will be led by Diana Macalintal, Director of Worship for the Diocese of San Jose.
Use the form below to register.
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Registration and check-in: 9:30a
Workshop: 10:00a to 12:00p
Diocese of San Jose Chancery Office
1150 North First Street, Suite 100, San Jose 95112
Registration is free. Onsite space is limited.
For more information, please contact Diana Macalintal:
DMacalintal@dsj.org or 408-983-0136
Or participate online via webinar. Register for the webinar option at this link: