GRPS Student & Family Distance Learning Survey Questions
The Grand Rapids Public Schools (GRPS) is working on preparations for potential distance learning opportunities that may be required going forward. We have learned that Governor Gretchen Whitmer's office is working on an executive order that we expect will give more guidance on distance learning, and have been advised that we should prepare to provide some degree of distance learning. This survey is intended to help us determine the level of technology and internet accessibility currently available at home for our students and their families. This information will help the district and teachers create an effective plan to provide distance learning to your student(s). Please spend some time carefully and thoughtfully responding to the survey questions below. Your responses are critical as we determine our systemic next steps given this unprecedented interruption to traditional learning due to the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you.
1. Parent/Guardian First Name
2. Parent/Guardian Last Name
3. How many GRPS students are in your household?
4. Please list the First and Last Name of each GRPS student in your household. (For example John Smith, Rachael Smith, Jose Garcia)
5. In what grade level(s) is your GRPS student(s)? (Select all that apply)
6. Which GRPS school building does your student(s) attend? (Select all that apply)
CA Frost Elementary
CA Frost Middle/High
Gerald R. Ford
GR Learning Center
GR Montessori PK-6
GR Montessori 7-12
GR University Preparatory Academy
Innovation Central High School
Museum High School
Museum Middle School
NP Early Childhood at Wellerwood
Ottawa Hills High School
Southeast Career Pathways
Southwest Community Campus
Union High School
7. Do you have access to consistently functioning internet in your home?
8. Do you have access to a smartphone that is capable of serving as a wireless hotspot device, so that other devices, such as a computer or tablet can connect to the internet? (A wireless hotspot allows other devices to access the internet via your cellular connection)
9. Do you have access to a computer or tablet in your home that will allow you and your student(s) to access the internet?
10. If you answered YES to question #9, how many computers or tablets do you have in your household? (Select NA if you answered NO to question #9)
11. Please provide any additional questions or comments that could help inform GRPS as we consider our distance learning plan.
Thank you for your time and consideration in completing this survey. Your responses are critical as we determine our systemic next steps given this unprecedented interruption to traditional learning due to the COVID-19 crisis. If you have any additional questions or need information please call (616) 301-1111 or email Academics@grps.org.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Grand Rapids Public Schools.