ASTA-OK Teacher of the Year 2021
The mission of ASTA is "to enrich lives through the joy of teaching and playing stringed instruments". In support of that mission, ASTA-OK is proud to offer the opportunity for members to recognize the outstanding string teachers in Oklahoma!
Please nominate your candidate by September 15th. (Nominees that are not selected may be considered for future Teacher of the Year Awards at the discretion of the selection committee.) If you have any questions, please message
We have 3 categories of Teacher of the Year Awards: Collegiate, Private Studio, and School Orchestra!
Guidelines for Nomination
1. Both the Nominator and Nominee must be current members of ASTA with a minimum of two years of state chapter membership. An Oklahoma ASTA member may nominate him/herself for the honor.
2. The nominee must have taught in a private studio, college, or public/private large-group education setting in Oklahoma for a minimum of five years, which may include the year of nomination, but does not need to be currently teaching.
3. A panel of three judges consisting of the President-Elect/Vice-President as Chairperson, and two other Oklahoma ASTA chapter members chosen by the Chairperson will choose the Oklahoma ASTA Teacher of the Year. In the event that a judge is nominated, another judge will be appointed by the President.
4. Nominations are valid for the current nominating year and nominators are encouraged to re-apply the following year.
5. Previous award recipients are eligible to receive the honor if the stated requirements have been met.
The Oklahoma ASTA Teacher of the Year will submit an article of teaching philosophy, honors, and student honors to be published in The Soundpost and online at
Name of Nominee
Nominee's Current Position
Statement in Support of Nomination
Include information about the nominee’s work and accomplishments within the string profession and ASTA-OK. This might include such things as past employment, dates of service, awards, special accomplishments, and impact on the lives of students.
Please provide your name and current position
■ I certify that all of the included materials are accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. Should my nominee become the recipient of this honor, I agree to facilitate any needs of the ASTA-OK Board of Directors in contacting the recipient and/or collecting further information.
Nominator Signature (Initial/Date)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ASTA-OK.